Safari on Windows

Crow47

to me some glaring problems exist with FF. for starters it's still mozilla... aka netscrapings (netscape). still leaves many of netscape's flaws exposed.

IE... well it's IE. way too many holes open there.

opera and even safari lack that "built on" set of problems. they're whole new problems for malware, spyware, adware and the like. plus with that limitted market share they lack the interest of aformentioned groups to go find holes.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Safari has a little over a 4% market share now. Also, everybody keep in mind, this is a beta, it's not gonna work flawlessly yet. Yeah, sorry I didn't post this in software, I haven't been thinking clearly today at all, lol.

Safari:

OneStat.com .... 1.64%

W3schools ... 1.5%

TheCounter.com ... 2.94%

Net Applications ... 4.7%

W3counter ... 1.86%

The Register ('06) ... 1.61%

Only sites and/or sources that are mac-biased report above 4~ish%... However none of these are really accurate :P

I've used Safari on a mac before and I hated it. Opera is my favorite browser but FF is still acceptable to me. I think that iTunes might bundle itself with Safari kind of like it does with Quicktime. :-( I can't wait for Amorak to come to windows.

I'm lovin the new metal look for it. I'm a mac user and use safari on osx over FF. I used to be a FF fan, but safari loads faster initially. (though browsing speeds are the same, as expected) and I don't have it crash. Ever. Firefox for some reason likes to crash when streaming media through it for some reason.

Anyways, I tried out safari on windows. Love it. Though, i did run into a few annoying bugs but no matter, ITS A BETA! Firefox has been strong on windows for what, 2 years? Maybe 3? Give safari that long and I think it'll be fine. Plus... private browsing mode is nice for when I need to... ya know. Yah.