Safari on Windows

Crow47

Apple has just released the beta of Safari for Windows. You can get it at apple.com (conveniently enough). I like it, I'm using it right now, say what you will, it won't change my mind. It is a beta, so it does have a few bugs here and there, but overall it works very well.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive used it on my macbook but didn't like it ... kinda a rip-off of FF ... may try it again if its an improvement over the osx one

EDIT ... i like it but prefer firefox ... plus FF is a little quicker imo

Edited by neddamttocs

Hmmm, maybe it's time for another browser showdown, Verran-style :P

I've been meaning to try FF2 with that tab mod that nrg pointed me to. Plus I'd like to try FF3, and I've heard Opera9 is particularly speedy. And now this... Where will I find the time to test them all? :)

I have a Mac and don't use Safari. I'll give this a try, but to be honest, I'll probably end up going back to Firefox

Anyway, if this had been posted in the software section then I would have noticed it.

Which is where it belongs...

I just tried it and its ok. I still like the ad-block plugin for firefox so I'm going to stick with ff (unless someone shows me how in safari). I don't like the looks as well either. I actually don't care for the brushed metal look on it. I also don't like the way it handles cookies, I have firefox set up to ask me everytime, I feel like I have more control over it that way.

I actually have ff looking like a mac app using the macfoxIIgraphite theme and the fission progress bar

So with all the extensions and themes for ff, i'll stick with it.

Verran I would love to see a showdown of browsers.