-1 Samsung Monitor, +1 Samsung Customer Support

Well, I turned on my two year old Samsung 204B to do some work on it last night only to find.... this.

post-11842-1180754864_thumb.jpg

Ahhhhh!!!! :blink:

So, I gave the Samsung Customer Support line a call, waited a grand total of 2 seconds, where I was summarily connected with Lupe, who spoke amazingly good english. I told her I had a horizontal line of dead pixels on my 204B. No questions asked, she simply took my model and serial numbers, punched in my zip code, and told me they would send a replacement 204B to the UPS store down the street from my house. All I have to do is bring my defective one in and exchange them out. The End. Grand total amount of time on the phone with Samsung: 5 minutes. Lo's Happiness: Increased. Number of Samsung monitors I will buy in the future: Infinite. Good job, Samsung customer support. The easiest warranty claim I've had in a long time. I had my next set of monitors narrowed down between 2-22" viewsonics or 2-22" Samsung 226BW's. I now know which ones I am going to buy.

Good idea. It's unfortunate that the 204B had to take a dump on me. I have a 930B that is a full year and a half older sitting right next to it that's still in tip-top shape. Then again, my HP laptop's LCD threw the exact same dead line after only owning it for 6 months.

Its always good to hear of those companies with great support. We always give the bad ones publicity but the good ones often go unheard of.

yeah ive always liked samsungs .... same thing happend to my 940bw ... had the new withing a week .. excellent service imo :thumbs-up:

Edited by neddamttocs

Samsung screens are awesome, my parents have a 931BF downstairs, really a great monitor. I went the LG route though, just couldn't afford the 226BW, but that looks like a hell of a sweet monitor!

Well, it took only five days (including the weekend, after being told by Samsung that it would take 2-3 business weeks) for my monitor to get here. I got a call from the UPS store saying it was ready to be picked up. This replacement is beautiful :D . (I think the back light might even be brighter than my last 204B :ph34r: )