-1 Samsung Monitor, +1 Samsung Customer Support

Id like to take this opportunitie to also say how pleased I am with BenQ customer support!

I called merely to inquire how to clean a grey spot from my screen, they informed me it was not possible and offered to drop by my house and eXchange the monitor! :O

They are coming 2morro :)

while we are talking bout LCD's, do LCD's burn in? i keep mine on for a few hours without screensavers sometimes and wondering if its killing it or not lol

I didn't think they could until I saw some of the LCD's on the POSs at Best Buy. The Employee Toolkit logo was burned into screen from being left there for years on end (literally). A few hours won't hurt it. Hell, I've left mine on for several days without a screen saver when I was out of town, and no harm done. The only LCD's I've ever seen with any burn-in are the ones I saw at Best Buy.

Yeah LCDs are very hard to burn an image on, and aparently mitsubishi CRTs are as well...One of the guys I work with leaves his 21" on 24/7 and thanks to the company screensaver policy (everyone gets the screensaver of the month auto set, currently a Food Lion Speed Street promotion...even though that was 2 weeks ago) and his version of flash conflicting he's geeted with a message about how the screensaver failed to start each time he returns...and after a few years no burn in of "press ctrl-alt-del to login" for him :lol:

I personally have my settings to turn off the monitors after 20 mins (with the default XP screen saver dancing around the 3 LCDs before that) I figure that's more power consumption I can put towards folding and less strain on the LCDs, hopefully making them last longer...though that Samsung 205BW being upgraded wouldnt kill me.