New dirtbike

Fireonice

Finally got myself a dirtbike, its a suzuki rm 85 with tons of after market parts and i think it might have a bigger engine as it keeps up with my friends older 180 :). Its a ton of fun and i'v only gotten to ride it a couple times.

Now i hate the yellow, yuk and i want to spray paint it a black or something. I was going to prep the plastic with goofoff as it takes off all the sticky crap left over by the stickers, it had a ton from the kid who had it before me.

Any reccomendations before i take all the fairings off and screw something up :P. I'l get some pics up here soon, before's and afters.

In the early 80s I had an IT175 (1981 Yamaha competition enduro) and an ATC250R (1982 Honda 3 wheel rat racer).

Those were the days! :wub: I really loved the 3 wheeler. It demanded a lot of body effort but the rewards were intense! :D

Broke my heart when I sold them in the late 80s. :(

Edit: Premium leaded gasoline was abundant at that time and I would buy octane booster and Bel-ray synthetic 2 stroke oil to blend a special drink for those thirsty babies! :lol:

Edited by mazakman

So what about advice on painting the dang thing!!!

I would try the Krylon Fusion stuff (the stuff that bonds with plastic), although I'm not sure how well it will hold up against the scrapes and scratches of riding ??

I owned a RM80 back in the mid 80's when I was a teen. It was a awesome. That bike got me all over the place. I have owned 14 bikes all together and that RM80 stands out as one with the most great memories. Enjoy it dude.

Edited by Lubetek