Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

tomorrow evening I will be back home in Hannover, time to get them rigs back up! Laptop was 99% done when I shut her down :) Top 20 here I come!!! :foldon:

Too bad that WU will be way past the deadline and you won't get any credit for it <_<

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear every time I add a machine or machines, they cut the points per W.U. or make them longer for less points! My points get less and less daily!

I installed windows last night and over clocked it then installed ubuntu on it this morning and its not detecting the either net on the ga-965p-ds3 like it did on the ga-965g-ds3 so I had no internet, then the internet went out for a while, I was about ready to sling the thing out in the yard. I am starting over with it again and going to install windows again and then vmware I hope it will run on 512mb of memory.

Edited by road-runner

just run linux directly. It will be a bit faster.

Thats what I tried to do but it did not install the either net port so I had no internet. I got one machine thats dual boot its faster with linux. I set this one up the same way but no either net.

I searched Google and saw where people were having trouble with the DS3 detecting the NIC (eithernet) and were adding a NIC PCI card so I tired that it showed it was in there and all but still no internet. Its an old net gear card but Ubuntu showed it was in there and active

Edited by road-runner

Ok, its there, but is it configured properly?

Evidently it was not. I am going to leave it in there and when I finish installing windows I am going to install Ubuntu again as dual boot. I will let you know when I finish whats going on with it. :foldon:

Ok I got it set back up dual boot all that part is working ok. I have no internet MB GA-965P-DS3, C2D E6300. I added a Net gear FA310TX NIC card and I also have a Gigabyte GN-WP01GS wireless G PCI adapter in it neither will work. I am sure they need drivers or settings changed or both and I am not sure how to do this. If I can not get it to work I guess I will go to Vmware. :foldon: