Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would suggest using hardnrgs snippet of text for setting up the command line console - it shaves almost a minute of all the standard frames.

:withstupid: It definately helps. When you get to the sign on desktop do not sign in, hit Ctrl+ALT+F1 and sign in. Its like DOS no GUI.

i would suggest using hardnrgs snippet of text for setting up the command line console - it shaves almost a minute of all the standard frames.

:blink:

i'm to lazy to search through 18 pages...what snippet is this?

QUOTE(from guide)

You can run FAH from the command line only. No GUI to get reportedly faster frame times. At the log in screen, hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 to launch the command line app. Log in normally. Ctrl+C stops the client. Ctrl+Alt +F7 switches you back. biggrin.gif This is strange. Running the command line makes you think you are living in the 60's running Dos. thumbs-up.gif

QUOTE(from guide)

You can run FAH from the command line only. No GUI to get reportedly faster frame times. At the log in screen, hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 to launch the command line app. Log in normally. Ctrl+C stops the client. Ctrl+Alt +F7 switches you back. biggrin.gif This is strange. Running the command line makes you think you are living in the 60's running Dos. thumbs-up.gif

thx

running no gui mode now!

Edited by sdy284

I would do the command line mode, but I occasionally like to use that computer. Plus with the GUI, I can have two terminals open, allowing me to use top to make sure that it is still running. I lost a p2605 at a little over 40 %. I'm going to see if backing down the OC a little will help.

Man, this is nutz!!

It's only Feb 10th and I've already out scored last month's record by 700 pts. Now avg about 1200 ppd with 2 dual-core rigs running and a lil' Centrino. The good news? Swapping out the Centrino (work computer) for a C2D. I'll be SMP folding on that rig soon enough!

Cheers!

you can still check the progress on it...it's jsut like the console version for windows, it still displays the frame done & everything...

I know, but I just find it easier to use top and look at my CPU usage. Plus, I used the finstall script so mine doesn't display the frame done and all that other information.

i dunno wth everyone is talking about... i can check the progress in vmware, fahmon, AND emiii... the first two i can see the %age done, and the latter i can see the protein name... i can browse to the shared samba folder and check the unitinfo.txt if i really want to...

so make that FOUR ways of monitoring...

i dunno wth everyone is talking about... i can check the progress in vmware, fahmon, AND emiii... the first two i can see the %age done, and the latter i can see the protein name... i can browse to the shared samba folder and check the unitinfo.txt if i really want to...

so make that FOUR ways of monitoring...

That is if you know how and have fahmon setup. I do not know how. :foldon: