Hey guys

I just decided to stop by again. I have been out of the computer enthusiast scene for about a year now.

What's new on OCC?

What's new in the computer world?

What is the best system you can get for $1000 now?

I was starting to miss this place.

I just decided to stop by again. I have been out of the computer enthusiast scene for about a year now.

What's new on OCC?

What's new in the computer world?

What is the best system you can get for $1000 now?

I was starting to miss this place.

I don't know whats best for $1000, but i can tell you that on newegg you can build one hell of a system for $1000. :P

Hey Marty! Long time no see!

As for what's new, you've seen a lot of it here so far. Intel's new Core2Duo architecture has really got AMD pinned at the moment. AMD still holds the cheapo PC crown, and they supposedly have a fancy new chip coming, but it keeps getting delayed. ATi has a new card series coming to finally compete with the 8800's from nVidia, but those have gotten delayed too. They should be coming soon though, within a month or so it seems.

Around here? The site's been pretty active. New members, new staff, LOTS more reviews and news posted. Also, there's a new front page and forum skin, if you didn't notice :) Things are looking good for OCC. :)

Hmm, this is odd. I was just thinking about how I haven't seen you around lately. Get out of my head!!! :P

Welcome back buddy. You'll find OCC to be a bit livelier than when you last saw it. ;)

Welcome back man! OCC has definetly picked up the speed! The reviews come weekly, if not daily sometimes, there is a lot more news, more new active members, old ones dropping by again!

For 1000$, a Core2Duo E6600, Gigabyte DS3 and a 8800GTS 320MB/640MB should be more than good ;) Add 2GB of RAM, and you're set!