Official Forum Wars Discussion Thread

jammin

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woohoo ... more power ! gratz on the steal ... u get the RAM too?

ontopic :::: Only 8 Days left !!!

Yeah. I was originally going for the Zalman Cooler (which I did get as well), but ended up with a couple of extra things. :lol:

Are we talking the war phase here now?

Because I'm sure there are plenty of measures you can take to get a little more out of your score if you want to put in the effort.

Restarting can't hurt.

I will run some bench scores once I get the 2 PCs setup the way I need them, with that said lets be sure I am right about what Im setting up. 1 E6600 with a 8800 vid card and a E6320 I think it is with a X1650 vid card these are both different cpu's and vid cards so should be good to go ? Oh and both are water cooled unless we need one to be air cooled *shrug* and can we have more then 2 PCs entered, or only if we dont get to 20 machines ? :ph34r:

ok just 2 PCs it is and I will set these up soon as I get the time :/ Real life has me abit to busy for my taste at the moment. Hopefully by this Sunday I can get to them IF the wife doesnt find MORE things for me to do instead. She has me doing a silly yard sell for the next 2 days and I still need to run around and grab afew bigger items from family with a trailer <_<

Are we talking the war phase here now?

Because I'm sure there are plenty of measures you can take to get a little more out of your score if you want to put in the effort.

Restarting can't hurt.

yeah for that part of it i was wanting to know what i can do to get the highest possible score when i run my benchmarks. special tweaked drivers ect..windows tweaks and what not..

It's all down to research or hard graft I reckon.

Certain drivers on certain cards will work well with certain benchmarks.

Windows tweaks like shutting down non-essential services will probably help.

That's the sort of thing you can easily google a guide for. There might even be the odd one floating around here, but it would probably be out of date.

I hope they do not say "You cannot upgrade" as we have already supposedly got that clear. I guess I will only have one rig as I do not have another decent video card but if it comes down to I will bench with something I guess...

I hope they do not say "You cannot upgrade" as we have already supposedly got that clear. I guess I will only have one rig as I do not have another decent video card but if it comes down to I will bench with something I guess...

Edit: Sorry guys my ISP is acting up and it would not post so I hit the stop button then add reply again

Edited by road-runner