Official OCC CS:S Server!

sdy284

well if kash's line really IS significantly faster than Scott's, I would like to give it a shot, so long as Kash is ok with the bills etc...I'm sure it can't be TOO bad, but still...

Adding another machine shouldn't add that much to the bills, especially if sdy tells me that he's only getting 15% usage on his processor.

Now I just gotta find some cheap parts. Looks like my HTPC idea has gone out the window with how much it'll end up costing. :(

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really played any counterstrike since 1.6 so I'm going to be hugely rusty.

Don't laugh too hard at my weak skills when I play with you guys.

OMG, Dual Brit action! :lol: Well two of you will surely hurt our ping, but hell, I'll take a laggy jammin-kill over a non-jammin-kill anyday ;):lol:

I was wondering though, cos jammin has signed up to the source mutiplayer pack for $30 as well...how can we change a map or force a map vote etc? Also, how long is each map on for - 20mins?
If you're in the server when sdy is, ask him, and maybe he'll be nice enough to make you an admin. That's how you administer voting as well (like I did last night to change to churches), however if there is no admin on, you can always type "rockthevote" without the quotes and if enough people type that, a mapvote will start.

As for map length, yes, I believe it's set for 20 mins. If nobody reaches nade level by that time, then the map changes. If someone reaches nade level before then, then a vote will come up allowing you to extend the map for 20 more mins or to change to another map. Common GunGame courtesy says you should almost always vote to extend 20 mins so that you actually have a winner, otherwise you're kind of being an . if you don't allow the nader(s) to try and win it.

understood :)

well...lag issue can rage on. More so that injij is from your side of the water and gets rubbish pings too...so I don't think you can blame us all the time. There is something else that is a problem I guess. Played on a server earlier (think it was UK) and my ping was never over 22 :)

will see if scott can make jammin/me an admin so we can change maps etc when we are online in the day.

I tried connecting to a server in Taiwan once. Pings soared to 3k upon my arrival and the server crashed :lol: oopsy

PS. You/jammin and sdy need to be in the server at the same time. I'm pretty sure he can't add you unless you're on.

I bet it's his upload. I've encountered the same problem hosting games from my home connection as well. Just about all home connections have capped uploads at around 512k (60kb/s)

?

I bet it's his upload. I've encountered the same problem hosting games from my home connection as well. Just about all home connections have capped uploads at around 512k (60kb/s)

?

Not mine, I just upgraded my connection to 5Mb/s up, so that's what, 640KB/s?

About $15 Us a month for 10 slots. I've looked into it.

That would be for a pretty cheep server 33 tick no doubt.

That would be killer for hosting a game on.

I will post some more information about tick/rates (all effect server performance) when i get home from work.

Is that your upload? Cause I got a 9megs down, but anything over 1mb up is almost $70 a month here :(

I've got 2 Mbps up, but I don't keep my computer on 24/7, plus it's technically burst, not meant for sustained server hosting. I already got it handicapped once for uploading too much (lol), so they're probably watching me ;)

Is that your upload? Cause I got a 9megs down, but anything over 1mb up is almost $70 a month here :(

Yea that's my upload, I have 30Mb/s down. Ran some speed tests and it definitely works near the advertised speeds.

That would be for a pretty cheep server 33 tick no doubt.

That would be killer for hosting a game on.

I will post some more information about tick/rates (all effect server performance) when i get home from work.

The last one I looked @ was 100 tick and it was $15.95 (Private).