Preferred Hard Drive Brand

sdy284

Preferred Hard Drive Brand (internal only)  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred hard drive brand?

• Western Digital
    • Seagate
    • Maxtor
    • Samsung
    • Hitachi
    • HP
    • Fujitsu
    • Excelstor
    • IBM
    • Toshiba
    • Origin Storage

i have really enjoyed the speed, price, etc of my Hitachi 7k250 and T7k250 series drives (2x160GB SATA1, 2x250GB SATA2) in my main rig... they're some of the best 7.2k sata drives you can get (or were at the time)... so i got them based on performance, noise, price rather than brand alone...

http://www.storagereview.com is a really good informative site that rates drives against each other in LOADS of benches and apps, noise levels, temps, etc etc... i highly recommend checking out this site if you're looking for a new drive

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ive used most of the hard drive in the list

IBM

Hitachi

Western Digital

Maxtor

Seagate

i think the most reliable hard drives i have had are western digital & IBM/ Hitachi deskstars

least reliable hard drives ive had are Maxtor & prob seagate

i think im jsut very unlucky with hard drives tho i must have had the bulk of the most recent ones i have bought have gone tits up on me

forgot to point out that HP drives are rebadged Seagates. they bear the same part number and serial number scheme. but for some odd reason lack the warrenty unless purchased with / installed in an HP server and serviced by an authorized HP tech. failure to do so gives you about a 3 second warrenty

forgot to point out that HP drives are rebadged Seagates. they bear the same part number and serial number scheme. but for some odd reason lack the warrenty unless purchased with / installed in an HP server and serviced by an authorized HP tech. failure to do so gives you about a 3 second warrenty

I thought it was 5.5 seconds? :unsure: