Andrewr05

*OLD THREAD*

I finally saw this movie <_< , I bought it on DVD the day it came out.

All I have to say is "Flipping Awesome!!", the fight scenes were insane and the cinematic style made it seem gritty as if you were actually there...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching it, is it actually possible to have mutated semi-human ogre beings during an age like that?

Uhh...it's a movie about a comic book. You expected realism? :lol:

BTW - Get the HD version if you can...it looks AMAZING.

• 4 weeks later...
Uhh...it's a movie about a comic book. You expected realism? :lol:

BTW - Get the HD version if you can...it looks AMAZING.

:withstupid:

I watched the super-def digital version in the cinema and it owned all... can't wait to get it on some HD format :)

After watching it, is it actually possible to have mutated semi-human ogre beings during an age like that?

I questioned this too from seeing previews, but the whole story is told by one of the survivors, that's why things are exaggerated. Did you notice how all the bad guys were "bad" well beyond the point of cliche, just as the good guys were made to be 100% infallibly awesome? That's because it's told by a survivor who is exaggerating, as humans do.

My brother bought this the other day on DVD and actually talked me into watching it. I have to say that I expected drivel and it wasn't. It was fairly entertaining and the fight scenes were done very well. I would put it right up there with Braveheart and Gladiator. They're movies I watched once and enjoyed, but would probably never watch again.

I watched it in Blu-ray 1080p, but on my small 24" monitor. Lets say it couldn't play it in VLC media player, I had to use something else to make it run smoother so no idea whether it was using the HD decoder or not. I hate the film grain. Made it look old fashioned. Didn't enjoy watching it a 2nd time so, I'm right up there with Verran. It was a rainy day :P.

Yea the movie isn't suppose to be an accurate remake; it's based of a comic book series. The History Channel's remake is more accurate, but no gore like a movie more informative.

I watched it in Blu-ray 1080p, but on my small 24" monitor. Lets say it couldn't play it in VLC media player, I had to use something else to make it run smoother so no idea whether it was using the HD decoder or not. I hate the film grain. Made it look old fashioned. Didn't enjoy watching it a 2nd time so, I'm right up there with Verran. It was a rainy day :P.

Yea the movie isn't suppose to be an accurate remake; it's based of a comic book series. The History Channel's remake is more accurate, but no gore like a movie more informative.

Sure it wasn't digigrain? That's what I saw, or have they added it for the DVD release?.... Check out the 1-18-8 1080 trailer for extreme grain :lol: