Plasma vs LCD - Need help A.S.A.P.

Arkadiy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/sharps-...vs-regular-lcd/

Your argument is bust...

Yes, it's a lot, but there are others...

LCDs are still > than Plasmas.

so have you spent the last however many minutes trying to find something to prove me wrong? :bah:

regardless... they're comparing it to a 1200:1 LCD in that picture

I'd like to see it compared directly to a plasma, which they don't mention anything about in that article. (and the article even mentions they'd like to see this)

The technology definitely looks promising. But i'm wondering if this is another case of manufacturers quoting a spec for which there is no "standard" for measuring.

but thanks for trying!

Edited by sdy284

I don't care what it is for a fortune you will always find something more powerful or better just like cars.

I am sorry most people cannot afford that unit so I am sorry saying that is better then plasma yes it could be but how many stores are you going to find that at. Next how many LCD's do you see in a store that is better then a Plasma zero so in most cases Plasma is better in the odd case with a ton of money you might be able to buy something that is better....

I would also think that there is prob a Plasma somewhere that we have not seen that is even way better then what we have seen to date welcome to technology :)

And Vizio has been making a name for itself recently and give them a while longer, they will be a big company in the HDTV market.

I have always bought cheap tube TV's, as image quality never really concerned me. I was at Sam's a couple of days ago and saw the 32" Vizio HD LCDTV on sale... and I couldn't pass it up. I brought it home and hooked the crossbox up to that puppy and... WOW... It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I think this Vizio TV is a GREAT first-LCDTV for someone like me. From what I've read about them, they aren't THE best out there, but they are certainly one of the best you can get for the money. (the particular model I got, the VX32, is rated one of the top-5 32" LCD's on cnet)

I don't claim to be an expert on TV's, but for a simpleton like me, this Vizio TV has been one of the best electronics investments I've ever made, hands down.

I don't claim to be an expert on TV's, but for a simpleton like me, this Vizio TV has been one of the best electronics investments I've ever made, hands down.

:withstupid: as long as the tv plays great with the ps2/3 and ect, my computers, and makes movies and such looking great and above all else does not break the bank then I really wouldn't care what it is and i'll just be happy with it. Then again I am looking @ that nice samsung lcd (for the computer) that has component imputs and such, think Dell has something like that too.

I bought a 32in Westinghouse LCD for the wife about 4 months ago. She wanted a flat screen tv to watch her reality shows on while doing her craft thing. Mounted it on the wall and everything. With regular cable the picture quality was about the same as her old ( 2 years) tv. I bought a dvd player that upmixes to 1080 and the picture is amazing when a dvd is played. It has an hdmi output to the Tv and i couldnt justify spending $100 on the monster version of the cable so i went to Wallys world and picked up the RCA made cable for 19.99. Works for her.

I have always bought cheap tube TV's, as image quality never really concerned me. I was at Sam's a couple of days ago and saw the 32" Vizio HD LCDTV on sale... and I couldn't pass it up. I brought it home and hooked the crossbox up to that puppy and... WOW... It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I think this Vizio TV is a GREAT first-LCDTV for someone like me. From what I've read about them, they aren't THE best out there, but they are certainly one of the best you can get for the money.

Finally someone in my position that doesn't need like a super TV or something. I don't need a 10,000:1 contrast or 1,000,000:1 contrast or anything insane like that, as long as the picture looks good to me I'm fine. :)