Defreag prgram

Hailstorm

Well, I recall hearing about a program thats supposed to be really good at defragging. However, I have lost the disk i was given and cannot remember the name of the prgram. Then ,I also don't work at the same place anymore, so getting another copy is out. Whats your guys thoughts about defrag programs?

I've used O&O defrag before, it works quite well when you do a startup optimized defrag...

I second O&O Defrag. I use it once a month or whenever I move large files around.

Edited by silkster

I've used both O&O as well as Diskeeper. My vote has to go to O&O tho'. I like the fact that I can have it defrag my drive daily at a specific time. I haven't seen that as an option anywhere in Diskeeper. The closest it gets is defraging automatically based on your habits. But O&O does that anyway on its own.

So give O&O a go 'round. :thumbs-up:

Edit- O&O also has a lot more defrag methods for whatever you use your computer for. I take advantage of that by doing manual defrags with the space method and have my schedule set for the access method.

I've used both O&O as well as Diskeeper. My vote has to go to O&O tho'. I like the fact that I can have it defrag my drive daily at a specific time. I haven't seen that as an option anywhere in Diskeeper. The closest it gets is defraging automatically based on your habits. But O&O does that anyway on its own.

So give O&O a go 'round. :thumbs-up:

Edit- O&O also has a lot more defrag methods for whatever you use your computer for. I take advantage of that by doing manual defrags with the space method and have my schedule set for the access method.

I disagree. Diskeeper gives you the option to schedule based on your usage AND on a specific time that you set. In fact, I currently have it set to defrag between 8AM and 10AM every Monday. You can run it any day of the week, only on weekdays/weekends, everyday except a certain day, etc. It has a ton of customizable scheduling options that are easy to understand and setup.

I disagree. Diskeeper gives you the option to schedule based on your usage AND on a specific time that you set. In fact, I currently have it set to defrag between 8AM and 10AM every Monday. You can run it any day of the week, only on weekdays/weekends, everyday except a certain day, etc. It has a ton of customizable scheduling options that are easy to understand and setup.

I never saw options for that in Diskeeper. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough, but at least with O&O it's bloody simple to work with and ther aren't a whole bunch of tabs and menus to look through.

What version of Diskeeper did you use? I'm running version 10 and it's as easy as beans to figure stuff out. You just click on a drive, hit the Set It and Forget It button, and all the options you need pop right up in front of you.

I know previous versions had the "Set it and Forget It" option, but I don't remember whether the scheduling options were as intuitive as they are in version 10....

What version of Diskeeper did you use? I'm running version 10 and it's as easy as beans to figure stuff out. You just click on a drive, hit the Set It and Forget It button, and all the options you need pop right up in front of you.

I know previous versions had the "Set it and Forget It" option, but I don't remember whether the scheduling options were as intuitive as they are in version 10....

I'd been using Diskeeper 2007 (11). It's a bit of a change from version 10, so perhaps that's why.