new rig

swifty11212

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to bosco and others that went to CES

there will be DX11 released later this year :ph34r: DX10 is a bridge. That is, if you were looking at the 8800 for DX10 support

Edited by The Unforgivin

according to bosco and others that went to CES

there will be DX11 released later this year :ph34r: DX10 is a bridge. That is, if you were looking at the 8800 for DX10 support

They did not give us a date per say it was more of a don't get to carried away with DX10 Cards wink wink :rolleyes:

DX10 would be irrelevant to me since I will be sticking with XP for a while longer and the recent nVidia drivers were rather unsatisfying. But the 8800gts does look like a good card though. Its going in to either my current rig or the conroe one I will build, either way my opteron and conroe will have good gpus and finally put my 7800gtx to rest in a safe place rather than my other 7800gtx that burned...

OK, I ordered the Asus board p5w board, an 8800gts evga, a 320gig seagate sata drive, the g.skill hz ddr2, cm stacker, g15 and g5, pc power and cooling 700w psu, e6600 conroe, Tuniq hs/f, and then for this rig a x1950xtx, and 1 OEM vista ultimate for the conroe rig and if I like it then purchase another one for this rig. I'll take a look at monitors later, gonna put these 2x 19" crts to good use for WS gaming :D

OK, I ordered the Asus board p5w board, an 8800gts evga, a 320gig seagate sata drive, the g.skill hz ddr2, cm stacker, g15 and g5, pc power and cooling 700w psu, e6600 conroe, Tuniq hs/f, and then for this rig a x1950xtx, and 1 OEM vista ultimate for the conroe rig and if I like it then purchase another one for this rig. I'll take a look at monitors later, gonna put these 2x 19" crts to good use for WS gaming :D

Cool, Have fun :thumbs-up:

i play at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 16x AF on most games(lag ftl in F.e.a.r...) and I will be going to get a higher resolution monitor soon, so 256 is going to cut it and my 7800gtx is showing its age due to that. I think I will get a 512mb card then, perhaps a full fledged x1950xtx or a 8800gts.

my X1950XT will run fear on MAXIMUM settings and do so at an average of 86fps. it's the same as the XT you are describing, so, that may help you in your comparisons later on :)

Don't forget to post pics of your new system! Should be an extremely fast computer, and alot of fun. Enjoy...

Well... I would really like to but I only have a 2MP camera at the moment :( I'll still give it a shot though if people want some pics and a brief review.