new rig

swifty11212

Wait you mean DFI is going out of business? I find that highly unlikely since they're a major industrial board supplier or atleast they were at one time.

They are no where near the top of the food chain. Do you think the DFI steet thing was just a misunderstanding.... Not quite.

DFI has been in trouble for a long time, they had some bad investments and its going to bite them in the butt.

I really hope that someone buys them out but I don't expect to see that happening :(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait you mean DFI is going out of business? I find that highly unlikely since they're a major industrial board supplier or atleast they were at one time.

Keep your eyes peeled :)

If you are planning on overclocking then i would reccomend the Asus P5B Delux, Intel Bad Axe 2, or the Abit AW9D Max. those seem to be the top boards at the moment.

Keep your eyes peeled :)

If you are planning on overclocking then i would reccomend the Asus P5B Delux, Intel Bad Axe 2, or the Abit AW9D Max. those seem to be the top boards at the moment.

Why would I ever settle on a non overclocking board? :lol: Mind posting a link to the Bad Axe 2 board though?

I was looking at Unforgivin's post about settling for a x1950xt instead of a xtx and saw this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102067 -sapphire x1950xt @ newegg but am wondering just why is it so cheap? Is the memory going to be a horrible overclocker? Isn't the default memory for a xt or xtx 2ghz?

Edit: I feel stupid... I overlooked the fact it uses GDDR3 and not 4 and had 256mb too... :(

DDR4 and it's 256mb

but the ddr4 used on the x1950xtx is early, so it isn't much better than ddr3, in fact, there about the same. And since it's new, it's super expensive. IMO, it's just on there so the n00bs will go OOHHHH! Look it's the only card to use DDR4!!!!!!! Everyone else is at DDR3!!!! So it MUST be good

once again, x1950xt 256 is the best bang for the buck and will play all the latest games at max, 'cept oblivion which a 8800 can't even run. Nice card, have one myself

Edited by The Unforgivin

DDR4 and it's 256mb

but the ddr4 used on the x1950xtx is early, so it isn't much better than ddr3, in fact, there about the same. And since it's new, it's super expensive. IMO, it's just on there so the n00bs will go OOHHHH! Look it's the only card to use DDR4!!!!!!! Everyone else is at DDR3!!!! So it MUST be good

once again, x1950xt 256 is the best bang for the buck and will play all the latest games at max, 'cept oblivion which a 8800 can't even run. Nice card, have one myself

i play at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 16x AF on most games(lag ftl in F.e.a.r...) and I will be going to get a higher resolution monitor soon, so 256 is going to cut it and my 7800gtx is showing its age due to that. I think I will get a 512mb card then, perhaps a full fledged x1950xtx or a 8800gts.