Best Games For Lan Parties?

xXxCriminalClassxXx

that depends on what type of games you like

RTS: Starcraft, warcraft

FPS: UT2004 (all are good but i really like 2004), Quake 3,

sometimes GuildWars. We play it at LANs every now and then because it's easier to talk to each other.

Call of Duty 2, Counter-strike (even though its gone way down hill), Ut2k4 those are the funest at lan partys but i say ut2k4 is the only game that any computer can run and look alright, it even looks great on my geforce 3

Most people play FPS games during LAN parties, like Call of Duty 2, Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament, and sometimes you'll see a variation of Doom/Quake.

Some people play strategy games, but those can be a bit dull until the action starts, which can take a while since everybody is busy building up bases for the first 70% of the game.

Tribes is still pretty fun and it's free. Only like a 124MB download from filefront for the full game. Any computer released in the last 7ish years can run it and that means more people can play it which could directly translate into a more enjoyable experience or one that can go sour on you really fast.

call of duty2 doesnt require a cd right?

just a cdkey?

can it play like 10 players on the same cd key?

yes... most of today's games have CD Check... that and most if not all games cannot use the same CD key at the same time while online...

If I'm not mistaken many ppl have used COD2 at LAN partys with the same CD key, doesnt work for online play however. That may have been patched, may not I'll have to check later, but COD2 is only installed on the main rig and server atm (server for the server support :)) So I'm not too sure.

At a LAN, many people can use the same CD key as long as they play on a LAN (not on the internet). Most LANs have a dedicated server with the game images and patches for people to install. (Of course you have to uninstall the games after you leave the lan.)

CS:S

COD 1 and 2

Warcraft 3 TFT (especially funmaps)

Age of Empires 2

C&C Red Alert 2 / Generals

Flatout 1 and 2 (racing game)

Crashday (racing game)

can't think of any others now, we play a crapload of different games each LAN... one coming up Wednesday... can't wait :)