New Forum Layout

kingdingeling

Yeah, I'm sure there is lots of work to be done on a forum the size of this one.

I haven't really explored the changes yet but once I've had time to I'll be able to give some good constructive feedback.

I'll also offer any kind of assistance I can if you need more people working on things to speed up the process a bit.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was stated before, this is a transitional period. Don't complain about going back to the old system simply because things aren't looking perfect just yet. Keep in mind that this is simply one of the many upcoming changes to the site. So please be patient with us as we implement everything. It takes a lot of work with a site this large to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.

Plus, think of it this way. Would you rather have them shut down the forums for 24+ hours as everything is put into place? :P

I'm betting its a bunch of security updates, and possibly a radical version change for Invision, and when things like that update, they don't make it compatible with old plug ins. Just my 2 hundredths of a dollar.

I like the new reply boxes a lot though, but haven't noticed the buttons working/not working, I do all my effects by hand ;)

As was stated before, this is a transitional period. Don't complain about going back to the old system simply because things aren't looking perfect just yet. Keep in mind that this is simply one of the many upcoming changes to the site. So please be patient with us as we implement everything. It takes a lot of work with a site this large to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.

Plus, think of it this way. Would you rather have them shut down the forums for 24+ hours as everything is put into place? :P

yes, but it'd be nice if we could be told what was going to be changed/reverted back. For example, I'm really hating the profiles....is it going to be going back the way it was or not? What about the lack of stars for f@h/seti users? Or the lack of clickable names? I mean sure, I know that the buttons for the reply windows will be fixed, that's a given...but what about the cosmetics?