Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* I seem to be having issues getting to 3.3GHz, regardless of CPU voltage and FSB/multi. :( King, what are your voltage settings?

Alright... lemme do the noob explanation :P j/k

For 3.3 I have 1.408 Vcore set (too much, but I don't have time to tweak it these days, I'm sure I could pull 3.6 outta this one!), and left all the other voltages stock :P NB helps a hell of a lot, but be sure to add a fan on there ASAP, that mofo gets REALLY hot!

I haven't rebooted this rig in like 2 weeks, so I have no certain values for my settings, but did you turn all the spread spectrums off? Also, what is the 5V rail of that PCP&C like? Cause same as my SLI-DR Expert, this Blood Iron seems to be pulling the most from the 5V line.

@ mojo, I can add OCCT, but you need to get the newer version of SuperPI ;) SuperPI 1.5 Mod by XS or something, the link is in the first post :)

@ firky, gotcha mate

Alright... lemme do the noob explanation :P j/k

For 3.3 I have 1.408 Vcore set (too much, but I don't have time to tweak it these days, I'm sure I could pull 3.6 outta this one!), and left all the other voltages stock :P NB helps a hell of a lot, but be sure to add a fan on there ASAP, that mofo gets REALLY hot!

I haven't rebooted this rig in like 2 weeks, so I have no certain values for my settings, but did you turn all the spread spectrums off? Also, what is the 5V rail of that PCP&C like? Cause same as my SLI-DR Expert, this Blood Iron seems to be pulling the most from the 5V line.

The Silencer 750 has 30A on the 5V rail.

I've tried upping the vCore, it doesn't make any difference. 3.2 is completely stable, 3.3 hardlocks Windows within seconds of starting Prime95. I've tried different FSB/multi combinations to make sure it wasn't an FSB hole, no dice. I tried bumping all of the voltages (except clockgen) and it doesn't make a difference. I turned off C1E, spread spectrum, etc.

I know the problem isn't my temps. My hottest cores are idling at 27C (3 GHz with WAY too much voltage). Load temps are only 36C after a few minutes of Prime. I don't know what my temps are/were at 3.2 though. I don't have time to restart and check because I have to go to work.

I was mainly curious about your SB and SB Core (CPU PLL) voltages. I can figure out/test the rest easily enough.

The Silencer 750 has 30A on the 5V rail.

I've tried upping the vCore, it doesn't make any difference. 3.2 is completely stable, 3.3 hardlocks Windows within seconds of starting Prime95. I've tried different FSB/multi combinations to make sure it wasn't an FSB hole, no dice. I tried bumping all of the voltages (except clockgen) and it doesn't make a difference. I turned off C1E, spread spectrum, etc.

I know the problem isn't my temps. My hottest cores are idling at 27C (3 GHz with WAY too much voltage). Load temps are only 36C after a few minutes of Prime. I don't know what my temps are/were at 3.2 though. I don't have time to restart and check because I have to go to work.

I was mainly curious about your SB and SB Core (CPU PLL) voltages. I can figure out/test the rest easily enough.

Sounds like you may have not been to lucky with the chip you got. Some OC well some do not....

Alright, that should suffice :P My Noisetaker II 600W has 34, but I believe 30 will work fine :lol:

Anyways, as a matter of fact, I just rebooted and had a look at my BIOS. NB voltage was 1.41, SB at 1.55 and the other was at 1.207 or something like that... Not really high voltages there IMO. Did you try the other RAM slots? At least for the 939 DFIs, different RAM slots for different ICs, some would seriously limit your OC potential, some wouldn't even boot if inserted into the wrong slots.

@ Firky / mojo, added ;)

Sounds like you may have not been to lucky with the chip you got. Some OC well some do not....

Yeah... reminds me of my old P4. Everyone else was getting 4+ GHz and I had to fight to get the dang thing to 3.6. I'm not conceding defeat yet though. It's just disappointing because none of the CPUs I've had OCed better than average. My P4, my E6600 that wasn't stable of above 3.55, and now the Q6700 that won't go beyond 3.3.