Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, maybe you need separate rads?

Maybe, everytime my temp would climb to about 63c OCCT would fail no mater what the voltage was. I went up to 1.55 in the bios trying to get 4Ghz stable, it would fail at 23m in the test every time. I did not think to check the memory with memtest. I am running on one stick I borrowed from the rig the quad came out of, my Crucial 8500 RMA will be here tomorrow. I am wondering if lapping and those nozzles will get it down enough? I have not messed with anymore tonight. I have been working on it all day and I am tired, so its Folding at 3925Mhz/58c-60c.

I have been working on it all day and I am tired, so its Folding at 3925Mhz/58c-60c.

Certainly nothing to be sneezed at... you've got a nice track record with your Core2s now :)

Did you ever try the new or old C2Q on the MCR320 by itself?

Certainly nothing to be sneezed at... you've got a nice track record with your Core2s now :)

:withstupid: I was wondering about that too. Maybe pop in an old PCI video card to see how far those CPUs can go.

It rebooted in the middle of the night at 29% Folding. I had the random reboot problem with my DS3R and the newest bios fixed that. I guess I will update the bios in a little while. As far as trying it with just the cpu only I haven't yet. I was thinking about the upcoming forum wars so I figured I need every little bit I could get, so I cooled the video card also. I am glad I skipped the northbridge.

Gigabytes new bios fixes the vdroop on the E6850 where it reads what you set it to with cpuz in the bios, it also helped the quad core and the stability. 4Ghz with 1.575 setting bios, droop to 1.536 idle, and 1.520 load. They put an option in the bios to enable load line or (vcore). The rig did not reboot at 63c like it did before. I saw 65c as the highest and seemed to average 56c-58c, plus the arctic silver has probably settles some... :D

4ghzng6.png