We Lost One

cchalogamer

Well you can take my 2.66 P4 off our folding list...I detected a slight odor as i was working on some Company of Heroes images and when i looked over there was a 1-2 inch flame coming from the Soyo P4VTE.

The damage:

soyoBake_small.jpg

(click for the larger view, but if loads are too slow I'll reduce the large size to make it more friendly on my upload speed)

I guess I either need to find another cheap 478 board to replace this one or find a home for the 2.66 :(

EDIT: Larger image reduced to 1600x1200 ~512KB cropped version instead of the nearly 1.2MB

Edited by cchalogamer

gotta love those soyo boards :( ick, was it your PSU? *tear for the resistors

Tested the PSU with the 650 duron it all apprears fine with it...nothing else around here that I really trust it with to test though...it's a cheaper 350w so the Opty or FX-55 rigs that are here are a definate no go and the server's keeping it's 350w Antec (plus it's not going down over this). I'll eventually get around to testing the other parts, but for the CPU I'll be forced to use the server, it's the only other 478 board I have that support 533 fsb.

Tested the PSU with the 650 duron it all apprears fine with it...nothing else around here that I really trust it with to test though...

Nooooooooo don't risk the Duron!

Test output with a voltmeter or multimeter, much safer :D

I have a Shuttle AB48PN sitting on the shelf right now that's goin' to waste. It's not that great at OCin', but it works (at least it did when I tried it about a year ago). I wouldn't want you to lose a dedicated Folder, so I'd be willing to part with it. I can take pictures of the actual board if you'd like. If not, no harm done.

post-17120-1163264767_thumb.jpg

I have a Shuttle AB48PN sitting on the shelf right now that's goin' to waste. It's not that great at OCin', but it works (at least it did when I tried it about a year ago). I wouldn't want you to lose a dedicated Folder, so I'd be willing to part with it. I can take pictures of the actual board if you'd like. If not, no harm done.

Ha! I bought one of thoes from bigred a while back, it's my server board, about 120% more stable than the soyo POS even though they are basically the same freaking board. :)

Ok Ill have to contact you after I play some CoH with Lo