40 Rigs In 10 Hours

bigred

the challenge of the day. have till 8:05 tonight to build 40 rigs, including OS, drivers, apps. well 3 of them have to have the software, the rest will be cloned off those :)

think it can be done with 2 people?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one of them. I know one of these guys can build rigs. but to get them ALL done... I have my doubts.

oh well if it comes down to it I'll step up and help them finish.

in the mean time it's a good source of entertainment for me to watch.

build it, put it down on the bench, start the clone and grab another...

it'll be cutting it close. they can only clone 4 at a time each :( so that might be the killer.

I know I can build a rig that posts correctly on the first attempt in less than 15 minutes. but once they start piling up at the cloning stage it'll get ugly.

build it, put it down on the bench, start the clone and grab another...

it'll be cutting it close. they can only clone 4 at a time each :( so that might be the killer.

I know I can build a rig that posts correctly on the first attempt in less than 15 minutes. but once they start piling up at the cloning stage it'll get ugly.

also, lots of thumb-screws are the winner here :lol: but yeah, it's gonna be pushing it with only two heads.

If they're all identical hardware-wise, then the building won't be that tough. The initial build may take a little longer if they're concerned about cabling/air flow, but after they get that all set up, all subsequent builds should be much easier. I've built a lot of machines for work, and the OS/software is always the part that takes the longest. With full cloning though, your time is drastically reduced, so yeah, I agree, the determining factor is going to be only being able to clone 4 at a time.