Holy Crap... Been Outta The Loop For So Long

zigen

I will step in for bigred here. Quad cores are not going to be coming to the desktop for awile. Vista only supports 2 cores and 4 virtual.

And im really liking epox's am2 boards.

@ lost, thats like buying a 754 setup (when there is no real performance differance at the time, ratings are different) and 939 is out :lol: ALL the new stuff is coming out on AM2

@fireoince, doesn't matter, intel is releasing a Desktop (NOT server, NOT business oriented but CONSUMER oriented) Quadro in or around November. I'm beggining to wonder if the two physical really means cores/cpus. Markie pointed out in a few threads ago directly on the MS site, it apparantly said 2 cpus max with cores per cpu not really mattering

EDIT: i just realized, nonone was really rtalking about quadcore until you brought it up :lol:

Edited by The Unforgivin

hey its reallly old. back then 939 was as new as AM2 is right now

you just proved my point. Thanks ;)

exactly, which is why you should always (usually) upgrade to the newest socket :P

roger that!

exactly, which is why you should always (usually) upgrade to the newest socket :P

Should you, really?, that old 3400 754 of his will out bench any AM2 3500 in games at stock settings, I should know I've just upgraded from one to a 939 4000+ and the difference is so minor as to be unnoticeable, so I say well done for completely bypassing the 939 hype!.

It would make alot more sense to buy the newer socketed board because you are guaranteed to be able to buy a new cpu later on and it will plug right in rather buy an older socket mobo and be very limited in what you cpu's you can use...

Bet the P4 478 guys are patting themselves on the back for resisting the urge to upgrade to the 775 socket though!

WHA? my stupid self went and bought a socket 478 3.2c when the 775 JUST came out.... so now guess what, i have to UPGRADE my ENTIRE system if i wanna do anything with it <_< Thats the entire point here, you buy the new socket because it gives you more upgrade features.... socket 478 cannot use pci-e, (no new vid cards) OR new cpus (AKA core 2.... even an old 775 p4)