Vacuuming Case

I didn't know where else to post this.

I have dust in my case and I'm too lazy to take out the parts and brush the dust away, if I used a vacuum and vacuumed the case inside would it generate any static that would damage my parts??

Yes! Vacuums do generate static electricity, use a can of compressed air.

612643[/snapback]

There are Special Vaccum cleaners designed for Computers, But I like compressed Air myself.

There are Special Vaccum cleaners designed for Computers, But I like compressed Air myself.

612644[/snapback]

Never heard of computer vacuums, but the safest thing to do is to just take it out in your garage or something and spray all of the dust out of it with compressed air. If you haven't done this in a while you will often notice a decrease in temp.

Just be sure to watch the angle that you hold the can, that way non of the liquid will come out! Yes I'm guilty of it, a few years back.LOL

612647[/snapback]

Just curious will this "liquid" hurt any of the components?? I myself often use a can of compressed air on my comp (when turned off) and have turned the can a bit to the side and some of it came out and onto the mobo, vid card and wherever else I was spraying but I have not had anything go bad on me....I do make sure that it is all dry before rebooting...just curious as to how this can damage components...does it fry them or short them out if turned on and the liquid is still like on the surface of the part??

or my way...

Take the bottom line off of my paintball gun and use my HPA tank and the on/off on the bottom line to dust everything off. Air coming from 750 psi and expanding to 20-30 psi makes for a lot of cleaning power

202$ PMI pure energy 4500psi 68ci carbon fiber luxfer

It is just compressed co2, but when the frost forms that can harm your computer. If it gets on the circuit boards and the moisture from the frost does not evaporate, then you could kill your mobo etc.