Advice On New Psu

Just looking at a power supply to fuel my new system when i build it in a weeks time. These are the 3 i have narrowed it down to:

Hiper type-r 580W Modular

Antec True Control 550W

Antec NEO HE500GB 500W Modular

So which one would you recomend? I am leaning towards one of the modular ones most likely the antec. But i dont know if 500W is enough (been a while since i built a system). I am also not sure whether hiper are a decent make. i havnt heard much about them in the forums which probably means they are not.

The system it will be powering is as follows:

AMD 64 3700 San Diego

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D

1 GB OCZ premier PC3200 (2 * 512)

nVidia 6800GS 256mb

Seagate 200GB sata 8 mb cache

Antec hard drive cooler

Generic DVD all in one

Some case fans

Cheers for any advice

Edited by kirky_D

Guest Raven65

Go with an enermax or an ocz,

Try to stay away from modulars but if you are set in one ,

Ocz modstream, Enermax Liberty.

If not OCZ Powerstream, Enermax Noisetaker.

the european hiper type-r is a VERY good psu for the price and i'd take one over a tagan or fsp/fortron if i wanted a "budget-performance" psu...

the american version is different... i don't think it's quite as good...

the new Neo HE range looks promising and the 500w model would easily power your rig and would be some nice clean power...

truecontrol 550 seems the most known out of all... i'd probably go with the NeoHE out of those 3...

Go with an enermax or an ocz,

Try to stay away from modulars but if you are set in one ,

Ocz modstream, Enermax Liberty.

If not OCZ Powerstream, Enermax Noisetaker.

610656[/snapback]

:withstupid: same thoughts here.

I have heard the stability on the hiper fancy "ricer" psus isnt very good, but they are still much better then the other popular bling psu, the MGE vortec(wow that red one looks sweet, but YUCK its performance sucks).

Still, go with the powerstream or noisetaker for high performance psus, and the liberty or modstream for modular.

THAT ONE! *points at Enermax Noisetaker 600w*

610847[/snapback]

iv had numerouse enermaxes, and i still have a 420 W noistaker, and a 600 Watter in this machine, both ar increadable, 12V rail on my 600 never drops bellow 12.16 under full load (checked with a multymeter)

Either enermax or OCZ don't get the NEO HE. I know someone who installed that for an intel comp and the thing would just reboot because it didn't provide enough voltage to the motherboard btw it was a 500W NEO HE. He ended up taking it back and ordering an OCZ Powerstream 600W off newegg. In my opinion id go with an OCZ powerstream or modstream.