Weird

I just got the Zalman Fatality FS-V7 VGA cooler for Christmas and I intalled it today. My temps used to be around 53C now they are 58C. I put Artic Silver on there. I wonder whats going on with this. I don't want it to run hotter than it did. I am stummped.

Important Reminder:

Due to the unique shape and sizes of the particles in Arctic Silver 5's conductive matrix, it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired.

thats from manufactures website

Important Reminder:

Due to the unique shape and sizes of the particles in Arctic Silver 5's conductive matrix, it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired.

thats from manufactures website

609689[/snapback]

lol that will mean his temps will be the same as before....

like i asked before...what hsf does this fatality replace?

Guest Raven65

Gee, El, I have the same fan and my temps went down 12c, I wonder if you were not paying attention when I did mine.

Just ribbing, my son.

:P

Gee, El, I have the same fan and my temps went down 12c, I wonder if you were not paying attention when I did mine.

Just ribbing, my son.

:P

609694[/snapback]

not to be off topic.diablo...son?

As already stated it takes AS5 a while to settle in but even then your temps shouldn't be higher than they were before. Try resetting the HS even if you do think you have it on right.