Never Have I Hated Winblows So Much

SMeeD

I installed a new theme today and it worked fine the first time, I rebooted and it was the same color except it looked like windows classic. I tried to change it back but it just sits at the "Please Wait" screen forever. Is this a known problem with windows? It even did it before I reformated.

Is it possible the theme you installed had a "bomb" inside of it?

My ex downloaded this "cute" kitty theme, installed it and crashed the system.

I scanned the theme and it had a virus inside of it. :angry2:

After a stern lecture and a re-format of the system she installed "hotbar" :angry:

It was 2 weeks before I could "find the time" to fix the system again. :lol:

It was off deviant art so I hope that they are clean. It installed fine the first time then when I rebooted it looked like windows classic :| Windows classic is so boring...

I wish there was a way I could replace the theme files so they will work right.

I scanned the file I downloaded and it was clean, I was hoping it wasnt so then I could have some closure on this problem.

Edited by BlitzBomb

My ex downloaded this "cute" kitty theme, installed it and crashed the system.

After a stern lecture and a re-format of the system she installed "hotbar"  :angry:

608908[/snapback]

Is this now why she is your ex? :D:P

Mby it changed a registry or something deeper.  I guess you could just reformat :P

608933[/snapback]

I doubt Ill reformat, Ill just try and cover it up :P I was looking for a program that makes the task bar transparent anyways. Im still pissed this happened for the second time for no reason but Ill put up with it if I have to reformat.

some themes REQUIRE Style XP or require that they be installed in the EXACT spot the created had them in. if you don't do what the directions say (yes the more elaborate ones have direction which you might want to read before blaming windows for your mistakes).

There were no directions included, not in the .zip file or the page I downloaded it from. It was the same format the original XP Luna theme was in so I didnt think it needed Style XP.

Im still toying with it so see if I can get it to work again. KB thanks for notifying me of the NV utility, its probably better than the freeware one I found.

Edit* bigred, thanks for telling me the themes may have to be in the same spot the creater had them. I went into windows/resources and moved the files into the order of the original XP theme and it didnt lock up. Maybe that was a step the author had left out.

Edited by BlitzBomb