New Videocard Cooling

ok well i finally got around to installing my new VGA silencer tonight.

it took my stock temps 47*C idle, and 72*C load, down to 40*C idle, and 50*C load.

i did some mild lapping on the copper face of my silencer, as i could still see the machine finish on it, i went from 320-600-1200 grit sand paper, i dident haev anythign over 1200 so i couldnet go to a mirror finish :(

but im happy with the results!

i also did a bit more wiremanagment, as well as installed an intake fan, as my HDD array was running a little warm before, by installing the new intake, and having it spinning at about, 1200 RPM i also dropped my CPU load, down 2*C, now 37-38*C, my PWMIC down drom 43ish to 37*C, and the chipset from 48*C donw to 40*C.

enough talk on to the pics

Here it is with the stock cooler removed, and before you all ask what all that stuff in teh pic is ill identify it for you, left to right.

Dremel, and accesorie box, xbox controller, bottom of my tower speaker, 2 squeegies, 2 extra barrels, and air tank, all for my paintball gun, and i nice steel box, im planning on modding soon.

removed.jpg

A closeup of the extra stock thermal goo, they use so much.....

cardgoo.jpg

the Card all cleaned off and ready for new AS5

card.jpg

The mirror finish on the top of the Dye is nice

dyereflect.jpg

and another, the reflection is form a picture hanging on my wall about 8 feet away and 5 feet up the wall....

dyereflect1.jpg

All put back together

assembled1.jpg

A closeer shot of the nice wiremanagment.

assembled.jpg

had to get another shot of that Sexy mushkin :wub:

ram.jpg

And a shot of the HDD's

hdds.jpg

i mounted the HDD's backwards in the holders so that i could hide all the wires behind them, works great, although installign them is a pain, as i have to slide the 2 Sata ones in together very closly, as the powerconnectors are very close together.

What is the max temp that i can safely run my 6600GT at, its a BFG 6600GT OC, becasue i plan on OCing it to the max here very soon, and i want to know what the limit on it is.

well things that i have been reading, and some research show that teh threshhold for this chip is 145*C, which i doute that i will ever hit, as i cant get it to OC that high, but i will be going a couple voltage mods and seeing where this takes me.

Pretty nice temps for a gpu. Wire managements looks good too  :) . Thsoe things can take a ton of heat - with good cooling on a gpu the main killer is almost always volts.

604951[/snapback]

ill take that to heart, iv got to do a bit mre reserch into the subkect, and get some better cooling for the Ram on this card, as i had to remount the one ramsink that sits under the silencer, so its only about 1/3 on the chips :S as it wouldent clear under the silencer, and it was to late to get out the dremel and mod it. i might cut a clot into the silencer so that the ram sinks poke up into it, and then the fan will blow across them as well :P

i might cut a clot into the silencer so that the ram sinks poke up into it, and then the fan will blow across them as well :P

604977[/snapback]

Thats a great idea - if you go that route make sure to post pics ;)

Thats a great idea - if you go that route make sure to post pics  ;)

604986[/snapback]

ill have to dig up some old heatsinks that are tall, cut them to the right size and then mount them and cut the slot, ill do it as soon as i can find some suitable heatsinks....