Opterons

I suggest using tccd with an opty since most get around 3ghz on air.

1:1 300+ x 10 = own

601375[/snapback]

If you're using a DFI board I would go with some OCZ VX ram or another high voltage ram...TCCD is great with MSI boards and anything else that can't give the 3.2+ volts.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're using a DFI board I would go with some OCZ VX ram or another high voltage ram...TCCD is great with MSI boards and anything else that can't give the 3.2+ volts.

601625[/snapback]

Yes but there is no way VX or redline will hit 300mhz ;)

With a 146 or higher TCCD would be the way to go :)

yes i know the 3700+ and optys are almost identical. im just thinking abotu another machine lol.... depending how cheep i can get this opty for, i might jsut hold off till M2 gets here....

yes i know the 3700+ and optys are almost identical.  im just thinking abotu another machine lol....  depending how cheep i can get this opty for, i might jsut hold off till M2 gets here....

601631[/snapback]

thats what i said but apparently the M2's wont get here for bout...atleast 12months, so go for the opteron...

thats what i said but apparently the M2's wont get here for bout...atleast 12months, so go for the opteron...

601638[/snapback]

M2 is still WAY off. no ES chips have even made it outside AMD's offices yet.

also the san diego core and the venus core are 100% identical, not pretty much, but 100% identical. they were not hand picked, they were not modified in anyway, just a different micro code. it was nothing more than AMD clearing excess inventory without crashing the price of the "athlon 64" chips

M2 is still WAY off.  no ES chips have even made it outside AMD's offices yet.

also the san diego core and the venus core are 100% identical, not pretty much, but 100% identical.  they were not hand picked, they were not modified in anyway, just a different micro code.  it was nothing more than AMD clearing excess inventory without crashing the price of the "athlon 64" chips

601688[/snapback]

think ya could hook me up with sumthin Bigred??

Yes but there is no way VX or redline will hit 300mhz ;)

With a 146 or higher TCCD would be the way to go  :)

601629[/snapback]

Last I knew they could, and also at tighter timings as well, with TCCD, I have to run it at like 3-4-4-8 to get up around 280 fsb.

*sorry if that sounded kind of cocky, but seriously, I last I knew they could, and that is what all of the extreme OCers use.

I suggest using tccd with an opty since most get around 3ghz on air.

1:1 300+ x 10 = own

601375[/snapback]

actually, i have OCZ Plat Rev.2 TCCD modules, and they BSOD my system at 3.05vdimm, and they only do 2.5-3-3-7 1T @ 2.85vdimm at 235Mhz, i dunno but if it were me i would get a set of that OCZ Gold VX 3.3v capable memory, directron.com has a 2x512Mb kit for like $165

and news is the socket M2 name has been scrapped, AM2 is coming

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28367

Edited by habitual geek

think ya could hook me up with sumthin Bigred??

601700[/snapback]

with what? no M2 means no M2... I dont work for AMD and there isn't jack or crap anyone can do about that.

if you want to mess with the current ES chips you better find a very valid reason for AMD to even talk to you.

601625[/snapback]

ok, explain why my g.skill runs @ 2.5-4-3-7 @ 300mhz (ddr 600) 1:1 @ 2.75vdimm on my dfi sli-dr board? perhaps you had bad tccd ram because atm, this g.skill is the best of the best tccd ram and it is very popular among the XS forums. so before you start saying tccd sucks, do check out the latest and greatest g.skill rams based on tccd.

M2 is still WAY off.  no ES chips have even made it outside AMD's offices yet.

also the san diego core and the venus core are 100% identical, not pretty much, but 100% identical.  they were not hand picked, they were not modified in anyway, just a different micro code.  it was nothing more than AMD clearing excess inventory without crashing the price of the "athlon 64" chips

601688[/snapback]

thanks for teh info BigRed...

i wasent aware that tehy whree identical cores. once my ram gets here ill start to play with this 3700+ then.