Wow, Shakira Blows

ClayMeow

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont classify Shakira as pop...I hate pop...I dont really see her as mainstream....and I think she's unique...nothing like the pop queens Brit...and Christina etc etc

597299[/snapback]

I class her as pop myself she sounds ok never seen her live though.

ub40 are great live, out off all the live acts i've seen they are the best.

She is not POP at all. Down where I come from (Venezuela) she has been huge for YEARS. She is Colombiana and has been singing and performing for a long time. She actually used to be in spanish telenovelas (soap operas) I will admit her english stuff sucks but she really does have some good CD's from the past in spanish. When she sings in spanish there is a whole different feel to her music trust me.

Uhhh. She is definitely pop. How else would you classify her??!

http://music.yahoo.com/release/132791

As for twitney and christina. First off, I hate when people bunch the two together. Christina actually has talent, Twitney does not. Sure when they first came out they were both teeny-boppin' crap, but Christina quickly matured and moved on.

But yeah, that's how I classify Twitney, as teeny-boppin' crap.

Uhhh.  She is definitely pop.  How else would you classify her??!

http://music.yahoo.com/release/132791 <--Latin pop

As for twitney and christina.  First off, I hate when people bunch the two together.  Christina actually has talent, Twitney does not.  Sure when they first came out they were both teeny-boppin' crap, but Christina quickly matured and moved on.

But yeah, that's how I classify Twitney, as teeny-boppin' crap.

597407[/snapback]

Okay claymeow I will give you the fact that her new english crap is probably considered pop however I can assure you that her origin and older CD's are not pop. I can't put my finger on it but it was kinda like a spanish version of Alanis Morrissette. What classification of music does Alanis fall in? It's really too bad that Shakira has kinda sold out to Britney style music just to sell some more albums