Wow, Shakira Blows

ClayMeow

Okay claymeow I will give you the fact that her new english crap is probably considered pop however I can assure you that her origin and older CD's are not pop. I can't put my finger on it but it was kinda like a spanish version of Alanis Morrissette. What classification of music does Alanis fall in? It's really too bad that Shakira has kinda sold out to Britney style music just to sell some more albums

597618[/snapback]

Alanis is Alternative/Pop. You could say she has a little Rock influence as well. Classifying musicians into hardset genres isn't as easy as it used to be. It's not really as cut and dry.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alanis is Alternative/Pop.  You could say she has a little Rock influence as well.  Classifying musicians into hardset genres isn't as easy as it used to be.  It's not really as cut and dry.

597704[/snapback]

Good point clay

can someone tell what exactly is "Oral Fixation" ?

:mellow:

597955[/snapback]

Where did that come from???? :blink:

People with oral fixations usually have to have something in their mouth...cigs....candy...gum...etc etc.

>.>

Anyway....I think Shakira has more class than most of todays female pop artists...I cant stand brit or christina....and dont really listen to much of whats on the radio....I think i'll try to get some of Shakira's CD's..in her native tongue.

Where did that come from????  :blink:

That's the name of Shakira's most recent album, so I'm guessing that's y he's asking :).

So yeah, I guess she likes to have things in her mouth.....maybe I'll offer to help deal with that problem ;)

oooooh, what would Nat say? :O

598173[/snapback]

well she'd be more than welcome to participate as well ;)

but I doubt she'd have a problem with me giving Shakira some chocolate....i mean, hardnrg, what did YOU think I meant??? geez :P

u must understand that her talents are best heard and experienced in spanish. realize that english is a totally new language and the her cultural upbringing is totally different. i remember her spanish album and it was pure artistic beauty well rounded and full of emotion. in english it doesnt cross over. emotions are somewhat lost. she used to have a bunch of powerful songs but now theyu are all fake. i dont think its her true self and maybe thats why she sucks so bad

:withstupid:

Exactly my point. She is a completely different singer in castellano and her older CD's were very good. (Pies Descalzos) I agree with apostolics that she is no longer her true self, she is the product of pathetic pop culture marketing. I hate to say it but even Ricky Martin was better off before the US got ahold of him.