Problem With New Comp...

czGLoRy

I always set mine to boot from cd first then whichever hdd has windows on it. You will need to chose which one you want to boot from in the bios. Sometimes the auto settings are a bit to tight for most memory to run so its best to set them manually. For instance Max async latency at 7 would cause me to reboot right away on earlier bioses.

I always set mine to boot from cd first then whichever hdd has windows on it. You will need to chose which one you want to boot from in the bios. Sometimes the auto settings are a bit to tight for most memory to run so its best to set them manually. For instance Max async latency at 7 would cause me to reboot right away on earlier bioses.

594168[/snapback]

How do you put it reset the ram timings?

Weird thing is now it let me install a partition of windows, but then I rebooted and it wouldnt boot with the OS, I put in system disc and sure enough it says its partitioned.. Right now its running a new partition.... what could that mean?> I don't see the HDD detected in bios.... .man! this is painful!

6800's and 7800s cant take pre-installed case PSUs, the card fan will spin, everything may work but it wont display anything, once i forgot to plug the power in and i just got beeps than another time i have a crappy psu and it just wouldnt display the screen.

6800's and 7800s cant take pre-installed case PSUs, the card fan will spin, everything may work but it wont display anything, once i forgot to plug the power in and i just got beeps than another time i have a crappy psu and it just wouldnt display the screen.

594256[/snapback]

This isnt a pre-installed case psu.. its a seperate OCZ streaming 520 watt.

I got video working now, I just can't get the OS to load for some reason,...

Just tried reinstalling windows, it goes back to the setup screen for windows afterwards.

When i boot up, it doesnt detect CD drive or anything, then I hit enter for auto detect and then it appears, but HDD still doesnt.... SIGH Im starting to get very frustrated with DFI

Edited by czGLoRy

did you laod the sata drivers when windows boots up? it wil say press f4 to install drivers. that may be why it doesnt install, and if you got past that try to set your hdd as second boot and take the cd out of the drive after installing windows since its 1st boot.

lastly maybe just maybe the jumpers are in the wrong place, for most drives even if its master or a drive alone it requires you to place the jumper in the right spot.

did you laod the sata drivers when windows boots up? it wil say press f4 to install drivers. that may be why it doesnt install, and if you got past that try to set your hdd as second boot and take the cd out of the drive after installing windows since its 1st boot.

lastly maybe just maybe the jumpers are in the wrong place, for most drives even if its master or a drive alone it requires you to place the jumper in the right spot.

594303[/snapback]

my floppy isnt working so I cant load raidbut then again it was letting me install so i don;t see i would need it if that was the case.

oh wait, mybe it was just for raid..idk but i would get the floopy working, b/c once your at the point of installing windows your DFI board works fine. i just dont know, i would come over and help you but 1. not the same state. 2. would be a pain in the butt.

OK NOW I HAVE THE HDD TO DETECT IN BIOS

But then I try to install XP on it again and it says "FAILURE TO BOOT.... INSERT SYSTEM DISC"

Even though the system disc is in there and its not reading it.

Edited by czGLoRy