Co2 Cooling?

Hey i was just wondering i have 2 Co2 tanks laying around... is there anyway possible to get these tanks to cool my computer system like a Co2 cooling system of any form or anythign liek that? Please respond this is interesting=/

Thanks,

yea..sorta no but i was thinkning as just enuff straight shot of Co2 to enuff cool the CPU massivly or atleast long enuff to freeze it for a short emount of time... but we were experimenting on other things and we came to the conclusion that it turns to liquidy after a certaint amount...im just going to buy liquid cooling..

yea..sorta no but i was thinkning as just enuff straight shot of Co2 to enuff cool the CPU massivly or atleast long enuff to freeze it for a short emount of time... but we were experimenting on other things and we came to the conclusion that it turns to liquidy after a certaint amount...im just going to buy liquid cooling..

590221[/snapback]

Actually, what we were really wondering is that whenever we "sprayed" something, there seemed to be a lot of moisture in/on/around the area. Is there any such dangers since moisture+PC components=bad

not freezing...really just as a cooling supplement

just wanted to test somethign new maybe we could create a system to shoot Co2 at it whenever it reaches a certaiunt temp causeing it to cool it very quickly and accurate...just worth a try but not techinically freezing...just a resulkt of cooling it a major drop or atlest 15C...hmmm

Thanks,

Well if you noticed when dry ice melts or evaporated there's a lot of moisture that's being created.Where it comes from i have no idea but i agree sprayed onto the cpu wouldn't be a good idea.

But there must be a way to send it running trough pipes like freon does :glare:

How about if you connect it to an empty bottle (gas canister of course lol) send the gas trough a regulator then trough small pipes over what you want to cool then into the empty one. this could go on till the full one reaches the equal amount of pressure of the empty one (now half or something) or if the other one is vacuumed till the gas is completely transfered

Edited by kobalt

Like nrg said at atmosperic pressure(14.7 psi i think) co2 is either a gas or solid. Now put it into a high pressure container and at 69 psi ( -78c) it converts from a solid to a liquid. The higher the pressure the warmer the liquid then it becomes a gas.