Co2 Cooling?

Like nrg said at atmosperic pressure(14.7 psi i think) co2 is either a gas or solid. Now put it into a high pressure container and at 69 psi ( -78c)  it converts from a solid to a liquid. The higher the pressure the warmer the liquid then it becomes a gas.

590427[/snapback]

Exactamento!

anyways, co2 cooling is not that good of an option IMO :P

BTW ccokeman have you seen my avatar yet? ^_^

Actually the bottles contain compressed Co2, and when you compress the gas enough, it does in deed turn to a liquid. And if misshanled carelessly, possibly explode! Usually caused by a rupture or puncture! Same holds true for oxygen and other gases! In order to use your gas properly you would need a minature refrigeration system. Because eventually you would lose all your gas. So you'd need a way to recover it; to be reused; a compressor/condenser of some type. Insullation would also be a serious issue, since any compressed cooling gases tend to cause condensation on the piping and your cooling block! Wish I could remember where I read about someone actually making a minature refrigeration unit just for the cpu!! It was in a magazine some time ago, but unfortunatly I don't remember which one! Sorry! :unsure: This unit I read about was completely self contained and actually sat on the processor! Everything was minaturized even the compressor! But I seem to remember that it required an outside 110 power supply to run it! And wasn't all that efficent!

As others have said the issue of condensation would cause a serious water problem! And could possibly displace your needed O2... So be careful with your usage of it! It and other gases can be fun to experiment with under the right conditions and enviroment!

Good Luck!

DonK