Help Getting A Good Surround (5.1)

LucifersMagician

Hey, i need your help on choosing a 5.1 surround system to get because i dont got the highest budget available=/ so therefore its really hard to get what i want...so yea thats where u guys come in..

Thanks.

give a figure for intended budget, and then absolute max...

when it comes to sound, my budget magically grows lol... i think i've spent more on audio related equipment than computer equipment... so that's a lot hehe

If i were you i'd try to find logitech Z-640 they're not in production, you will not find them in stores but if you can get a set off of someone (of course try them first or get an agreement of money back) they're a great set of speakers for under $80 maybe $50 on ebay.I sold mine not too long ago for $90 CDN (77US)

It's the set you see on this pic the bass speaker is at the bottom behind the disks

m4.jpg

Edited by kobalt

I have Altec Lansing VS3151s, and I have to say, they are quite amazing for how cheap I got them ($50 on eBay, and it was nearly a year ago)

I've always liked Altec Lansing, but Creative and Logitech are also really good (in that order, of course :-p)

Z-640's?? ...has any you taken a look at what's really inside those umm speakers?. Specially that so-called sub. I mean come on man..A tiny, I mean very tiny 5" speaker. Then they label it as a "SUB" LOL.. :bah: Sorry, but..if it were me? I would rather get a decent 2.1 than get ripped on a set of 5.1's. Lucifer, Offer him $20 bucks for those z-640's.