Help Getting A Good Surround (5.1)

LucifersMagician

OK..what makes it "incredible" is not the "Sub" (5" speaker) It's that Passive responce that covers the actual 5" speaker. But nevertheless, it's Lucifers money.

Here's a tip though and what I did when I had them. Stuff that cabinet with foam to get more low-end. Works pretty good.

dude are u kidding me? my parents used that as their main sub in the main room. ITS INCREDIBLE!

it produced about hte same bass as my 8" JBL

595974[/snapback]

I'm backing up Guju, i had those before my 5500 and they sound very good

Edit: i suggested those cause i know how they sound and for a tight budget he'll be able to get them for cheap. Of course there's better but not for the price he's willing to pay.We're just trying to get him something that sounds good and 5.1

Edited by kobalt

dude, size doesnt matter as much as you think. (Look at Bose, those little speakers pack a big punch)

I ordered a set of z640s off ebay for $35 shipped (refurb, so it's a gamble). the awesome thing about the Logitech speakers is that you can rotate the bases of them and mount them to your wall.

The X530 is another good option, they are the replacement for the Z640, but I prefer to have the volume control on the center channel, so I went for the Z640 set.

Don't get me wrong though, size does matter, 20 year old 10" Polk audio 3 way speakers sound slightly better than brand new Bose systems with dual 3" cubes and 6" sub...but they are practically classified as FURNITURE.

I'd Recommend any logitech system. Z640, X530, Z5500, Z5300, Z680 etc.

Well maybe I'm stuck in the Cliche' "you get what you pay for" also "Quality" is a good thing.

BTW..I never said those speakers sounded bad or crappy. Yes, they do sound good. I was basically pointing out the workmanship/quality of those 5.1's and I've had them for nearly a year when I finally went out and got my current 5.1's which are "Klipsch-Pro media". Dual 8's ahhh...

Hehe, klipsch, gotta love "hi-fi" PC speakers....But back to the original topic of budget surround, the 640's are pretty decent, and so are the X-530's. Head over to best buy and give them a shot to see how you like the sound, they're not bad for an average price of about $65. Personally, I wouldn't spend anymore than that on surround sound speakers without getting some real speakers, but that's me.

• 2 weeks later...