Linux Download

Shadow334

I reccomend that you get the latest version of Fedora Core (I believe that it is 4) this would be your best bet if you plan to stick with Linux for a while as it is very easily expandable and is very easy to learn. If you just want to try it out, I would say SuSE 9.1, one cd, everything is there, all you need to do is pop the cd in, tell it what you're using the pc for and it will do the rest for you.

I reccomend that you get the latest version of Fedora Core (I believe that it is 4)  this would be your best bet if you plan to stick with Linux for a while as it is very easily expandable and is very easy to learn.  If you just want to try it out, I would say SuSE 9.1, one cd, everything is there, all you need to do is pop the cd in, tell it what you're using the pc for and it will do the rest for you.

575032[/snapback]

I would not recommend 9.1 personal unless u want to download rpms for gcc! and make! I mean, what distro doesnt include those as basic progs? :P

There is a way to make it into 9.1 pro but you will have to dl alot.

FreeBSD is great, although it's not that widely supported, myself and markie would be, more than likely, glad to help you out all we can.  I can help with some basic stuff, but markie is still my god...

action.bow();

575161[/snapback]

haha!

action.levitate();

FreeBSD 6.0 has just been released. Supposedly a huge amount of effort went in to this release and it's not like typical .0 (point oh no?) releases (that is, full of bugs). I've not personally tried it yet, but incase you decide to give it a try you'd probably want 6.0, rather than 5.4, from what I keep hearing!