Palm, Ppc, Or Psp?

nan0click

So which should I get? The PPC has the best screen and multimedia, Palm has most free games, and PSP is cool with widescreen and "real" games. I would use the Portable thing for Music, movies, games, and whatever else, I think Palm, only IF i can find a SDIO wifi card for less than 70. if not, maybe PPC or PSP because of easier wifi

imo, psp is not that great for games, personally im waiting for the white color one though. but if its for music and such id say palm/ppc but if you wanna throw in some games then the psp. but probably the psp is the better one overall because of the nifty memory cards that can hold a decent amount. btw, wifi will help drain the psp's battery life :lol:

oh i forgot to add, I used to have an hp2215 PPC, and a VisorDelux before that, I have also borrowed my friends m505 (i think) before.

I just saw the new T|X, that's pretty cool. Dell is now overpriced, their old axims were excellent deals, and full featured, but now... HP has a nice rx3115. or there's always a psp

I say ppc, I have a palm v4.0 based clie and it's ok, but nothing special...Dell has a few nice ones to look into.

567265[/snapback]

yeah, i dont know if they released any new ones since i baught my ppc. its a Dell Axim x50z with a 624mhz intel xscale cpu, 64mb onboard ram, 32mb onboard rom, and i have 2 1gb flash cards in it and most of it is music, it even has built in speakers.

I think I'll go tuck in for the night :lol: but any opinions on the T|X? its cheap and has wifi, my two main needs. i'll see what other think in the morning before school. then I start the long arduous task of saving only for it to become obselete before I am all the way there

yeah, i dont know if they released any new ones since i baught my ppc.  its a Dell Axim x50z with a 624mhz intel xscale cpu, 64mb onboard ram, 32mb onboard rom, and i have 2 1gb flash cards in it and most of it is music, it even has built in speakers.

567278[/snapback]

the latest axim is VERY nice.

Someone from my church gave me a pocket pc for free, I must say I'm impressed, only drawback would be the storage capacity.

PocketPC over PSP because you have the windows mobile device which means you can get custom apps under the WindowsCE platform (alot!).

PSP and PPC use flash base storage so NO, PSP does NOT have more space and SD Flash cards are WAY cheaper than the Sony's PSP, plus you can use the SD Flash cards for multiple device instead of one.

Neatest thing about PocketPCs is that you can connect to local shares on any desktop computer. I have an app (TCPMP) that supports DivX, Xvid, mpeg, wmv, ect... and I stream music and movies wirelessly. Also got AIM on it, surf using Thunderhawk web browser.

Maybe it's because I'm not a hardcore console gamers like some of the young bucks here but PPC suits me more because Im always reading tech articles on the go, use it to manage appointments, alarms, contacts ect... and also play classic NES games with PocketNES! :D

Edited by silkster

Id have to say psp only because of its a work of multimedia mastermind

With the psp you "officially" have:

Real Games - As in THUG:REMIX, GTA:LCS, NFSU:RIVALS, SOCOM:Fire Team Bravo, ect...

Music - Main thing with the psp for music is Atrac3plus support

Movies - HONESTLY if youll sit and watch a movie on any of these devices you have issues but the psp's screen is probably the largest of the three

Pictures - What the hell cant view pictures :blink:

Internet - 802.11b, WEP, WPA-TSK, only hindered by use of the psp's internal 32mb for cache

Wireless Tv - New With 2.5 update requires sony base station ($300), but people are trying to make it so you could just use a tv tuner and wifi card so yeah

Also of course with the psp you "unofficially" have:

Emulators of every system pre-n64

Full IRDA functionality - Universal remote, home automation, ect....

Wide selection of homebrew games

The ability to run full operation systems - some versions of linux, some versions of mac, win95

RemoteVNC

FTP

Homebrew GUI's (psix *some argue its a new os but it still uses the psp's netbsd based kernal*)

ISO Loaders (illegal but hey it's out there)

Theres more but it's like late and im tired

i think those palms and Ppc are junk, palms are a little more usfule since all you need them for is to enter dates and the Ppc is just a waste, drop that $300 on somthing good like a psp. how much are you really going to use windows on a little 4' screen? NEVER, how often are you gonig to use it for AIM when you have a computer next to you, NEVER