Video Card Or Monitor?

marcopolo146

:( I built my first system and I swear it's done right lol, but When I power everything up my Monitor stays in Standbye mode or something. I'm running a Asus A7N8X MB with an Asus Ti 4200 V9280 Video Card. Can anyone tell me what I'v done wrong or what the problem is. Everything does come on and the fan on the Videocard is spinning, but a balnk Monitor. Please help.

it can still post if there is no OS try resetting the CMOS the same thing happend to me, normally there would be a green light but it would just go orange. I reset the CMOS and it fixed the problem look in the manual for your motherboard if your unshure how to do it!

there is usually a jumper next to your clock battery... if not, just pull out the clock battery, drink a cup of coffee and by the time you are back, you should be fine... oh yea, unplug your computer from the wall...

Yeah unplugging your comp for a little while I think will reset your BIOS. I think that's what it does, my comp doesn't want to boot sometimes so I pull the plug and read through my Maxim for a while. Plug it back in and I'm good to go.

monitor plugged in all the way? look at the plug and make sure none of the pins are bent. they they are you can use a jewelers screw driver to bend it back. does it it beep at all when you try and boot up?