Video Card Or Monitor?

marcopolo146

unplugging it from the wall i dont think so!

Ok not the wall, unplug the power cord from your PSU. You guys are having a cow man...Just shut down the comp then turn off the bus strip, then unplug it. Works on mine, doesn't screw anything up either.

And if your dumb enough to unplug it while it's on then your too stupid to be modding it anyway.

No haven't tried that. The Good System lol, it's far from it, is a P3, and is agout 4 years old. Thats why I'm in this jam. Figured I'd be able to build a better system than the HP and Compaqes or dells for the same price. Everything seems to start up, the burner and the DVD Rom drive light comes on, and the MOBO's AGP led is off, which according to the manual is a good thing.

No haven't tried that. The Good System lol, it's far from it, is a P3, and is agout 4 years old. Thats why I'm in this jam. Figured I'd be able to build a better system than the HP and Compaqes or dells for the same price. Everything seems to start up, the burner and the DVD Rom drive light comes on, and the MOBO's AGP led is off, which according to the manual is a good thing.

Well, that should rule out the CPU being bad. Before I did anything else, I would power off the system, take the video card out, and reseat it back in the slot. If that doesn't fix it, maybe try the video card in another system.