Political Quotes

Kamikaze_Badger

I'm sure we all have our favorite political quotes... what be yours?

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"The President is always abused. If he isn't, he isn't doing anything."

Truman

"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."

Truman

I wish the first one people actually followed, maybe then mod's wouldnt have to keep a separate monitor up just for the politics and current events forum...

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

563755[/snapback]

i really like that quote.. maybe Lo should try figurin that one out.. maybe then we would have less flaming goin in in hurr..

i really like that quote.. maybe Lo should try figurin that one out.. maybe then we would have less flaming goin in in hurr..

563758[/snapback]

Dude, you can't accuse others of flaming when you take the first shot. :blink:

Anyway, about quotes. That one KB posted is probably one of my favorites too.

This could be my favorite though.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." --Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

And this is another good one.

"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg." --Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" - John Stuart Mill

"Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier. And our soldiers don't just give freedom abroad, they preserve it for us here at home. For it has been said so truthfully, that it is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protestor the freedom he abuses to burn that flag." -- Zell Miller

"The time for compromise has now passed, and the South is determined to maintain her position, and make all who oppose her smell Southern powder and feel Southern steel"

- President Jefferson Davis,C.S.A. inaugural speech on February 16, 1861

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.

--General Douglas MacArthur

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" --Patrick Henry March 23,1775

"Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born."

--Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."

--Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big.

--Theodore Roosevelt

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

--Theodore Roosevelt

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

--Theodore Roosevelt

"If you fool me once shame on you, .... and aaaa...... if you fool me again ...ummmmm...... aaaaaaaa..... you're not going to fool me again"

-BushX0r (presidenteX0r)

"If you fool me once shame on your, if you fool me again shame on me"

-the actual quote