Really Messed Up Nice System.

zep_54

OK, I've had a lot of problems with my system in general that i've had to tackel. First it was bad memory, and i think i'm ok now. I have nothing overclocked. Then it was heat, but that is taken care of with an aftermarket fan and some artic silver. OK now, this is my...... 5th! video card on this board from newegg... I think they are getting mad at me! It works properly now, i had some issues in the past with this card having to underclock it to make it work. Ok now, here is the deal. I'll be playing a game, and wam! Monitor light goes from green to flashing orange and no sound, no response from the computer, monitor goes black and i have to restart. I know this isn't a heat issue i have like 4 fans and no case cover on. Sometimes it will happen when i open a new window, or hit play on a media player, it always happens at a command. Sometimes it happens exiting my games... OK... another thing, after this happens (sometimes) i can't get my sys to reboot. I restart, and i see the screen loading bla bla bla, and when windows should be loading my screen goes blank, and system is locked again, when this happens i just leave it off a few mins, and go back and it will start up normally, otherwise it would do it over and over again. sometimes it will come back after like the 5th restart. I have really no clue here guys. I have the latest bios update, please please help, I crash all the time! thanks guys ahead of time, ask for more info where needed i'll track it down for you. I have nothing overclocked! I have reformatted and reinstalled several times! ummm only thing wierd that might not matter is my power supply fan speed is low... but i've had this power supply since before this issue and it worked fine... help me please!

K thats a quote from a friends post over at some other site, i suggested posting it here cause sofar you guy have yet to not solve one of my problems. This guys comp is real nice and everything is new and crap but it doesnt like itself and seems to want to cease to exist. Any suggestions are thanked.

Thanks guys:

PS his specs are...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Win xp pro

AMD Athlon 2100+

Asus A7V8X

eVGA GF4 TI4600-8X 128MB TV/DVI

512 of MUSHKIN pc2100 DDR

400watt p.s.

19 inch viewsonic PF790

Its decent new, the voltage seems fine, but the fan on it runs a little slow, around 1800 rpm. Doesnt sound liek a prob, just a little warmer.

hey um the 3.3 voltage readin (the ddr ram) is only at 3.23 ir something. Could this be it? Mine personally is above 3.3 and mines fine. Im thinkin hard about this, and how it could be fixed.

You should check your memory. I had a similar issue with my memory where I would go to play a game and my computer would automatically restart itself. Your best bet is to go to a local computer store and see if they will let you swap out memory sticks to see if thats the issue.

i have this problem all the time, as well. Without his sys specs, it's hard to tell, but try tuning down your AGP bus mode. My comp would always crash when running at 4x (both mobo and vid card "support" it) so I tuned it down to AGP 2x and I haven't had a crash yet (of course it's only been 2x for a day so far... but that's at least 23hrs. of gaming). That's my suggestion...

OK, this is my system, I can't get the 8x down to 4x because this bios won't let me change to 4x, is there another way to do it? I see the option in the bios but it's grayed out. I just got the latest bios but my old one would let me change the settings, i changed the system config from optimal to turbo, and that only unlocked the 128mb slot to be toggled, i tryed toggling off all other options around there and nothing seems to unlock it.... AGP capability 8x mode is still greyed out, cant change it :angry:

*Also* For my video card this is kinda wierd: Under properties- advanced- adapter- general... it says, Location PCI Slot 7 (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0) Ummm shouldn't it say agp slot 1 or something or is that the same thing? I Downloaded and installed the new 4in1 drivers, and nada... Someone suggested a bad agp slot and maybe bad mobo? what do u guys think, should i give up and get a new mobo? :( THanks for ur time!

mine also says PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0 for the location... I don't think that that is your problem...

As far as being unable to change from 8x to 4x, that is something i would check with evga about it before asus. they have a pretty good response time for tech support as i am finding out over the past couple of days...