Locking Fuel Doors [rant]

NCC10281982B

Tonight I had a customer who drove a new Infinti sedan. Nice car. But, neither of us could get the fuel door open. Yes, I looked in the manual and followed instructions. Usually the button is pretty easy to find. I think she eventually called the dealer.

So who came up with this locking fuel door thing and why? It is kind of a pain for everybody.

There wouldn't by chance be an FAQ out there for all car models out there some place would there?

Heh, when I read the topic I thought you meant locking fuel doors as you couldn't find one. I'm in NC and when the dang prices went to $3.40/gal after Katrina hit, the local auto parts stores ran out of locking gas caps.

yeah, those locking gas caps make it so much harder to get free gas :lol::smack:

547792[/snapback]

Well, it wasn't for my car but for a friend of mine. I personally wouldn't go through the trouble as if someone wants the gas that bad, they can have it.

uhh... you are aware that LOTS of people want free gas that bad, a friend winds up spending aobut $20 a week more on gas since people syphon it... and she still tries to justify not needing a locking fuel cap....aparently it's "to expensive" :lol: