Psp Or Ds

SVTmofo

Owned both, PSP rocks the DS. The only thing DS is good for is the touch screen. Its graphics suck, its memory sucks, no MP3 player, no wireless internet yet, etc etc. PSP is freakin awesome!!!! plus if you can find an older release of it you can put Emulators on it. I think the new ones are incapable of emulators because of their software version. You might be able to roll it back. Dunno.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Alright well, it depends on what you want. Both have different approaches to a gaming platform. I chose the DS because the software beats PSP hands down in my opinion. Games like wi-fi mario kart, castlevania, and a new lunar had me drooling. Your just not going to see as many high caliber games with the psp(people excited over a subpar game like Death Jr. proves my point). The psp has more functionality and is by far the more powerful system. It depends on whether you want the system for the games(DS) or the power to do cool little tricks with it(psp). I hate to sound fanboyish but the truth is that ANYTHING gaming had it's origins with Nintendo. (i.e. platforming games, analog control stick, rumble). They are the kings of innovation and it's a shame to see people who claim to be gamers choose to ignore the fact.

Alright well, it depends on what you want. Both have different approaches to a gaming platform. I chose the DS because the software beats PSP hands down in my opinion. Games like wi-fi mario kart, castlevania, and a new lunar had me drooling. Your just not going to see as many high caliber games with the psp(people excited over a subpar game like Death Jr. proves my point). The psp has more functionality and is by far the more powerful system. It depends on whether you want the system for the games(DS) or the power to do cool little tricks with it(psp). I hate to sound fanboyish but the truth is that ANYTHING gaming had it's origins with Nintendo. (i.e. platforming games, analog control stick, rumble). They are the kings of innovation and it's a shame to see people who claim to be gamers choose to ignore the fact.

547872[/snapback]

I agree 100%! You tell it like it is.

High Caliber games?

Does GTA:LCS ring a bell

that should kill any and all games in the DS lineup

also I imagine down the road there will probabaly be a DS emulator for the psp since the DS isnt very powerful at all infact it surprises me what it can do with its subpar ammount of muscle so emulation for the psp should be no issue

Also im not sure if you know but by technical defintion Platform games are nothing more than side scrollers which Atari 2600 had (aka: pitfall) so nintendo didnt innovate that unless you were trying to say something else

As for the analog control stick I wouldnt call that really any innovation at best it's a branch off of the analog joy stick where atari also had nintendo beat

Also nintendos "analog stick" isnt true analog it's digital but ataris was true analog

As for nintendo innovating the rumble try again as the rumble pack for starfox was announced sony had already released a dual analog (actually digital) dual shock controller in japan

So how about you do some research before replying next time

High Caliber games?

Does GTA:LCS ring a bell

that should kill any and all games in the DS lineup

also I imagine down the road there will probabaly be a DS emulator for the psp since the DS isnt very powerful at all infact it surprises me what it can do with its subpar ammount of muscle so emulation for the psp should be no issue

Also im not sure if you know but by technical defintion Platform games are nothing more than side scrollers which Atari 2600 had (aka: pitfall) so nintendo didnt innovate that unless you were trying to say something else

As for the analog control stick I wouldnt call that really any innovation at best it's a branch off of the analog joy stick where atari also had nintendo beat

Also nintendos "analog stick" isnt true analog it's digital but ataris was true analog

As for nintendo innovating the rumble try again as the rumble pack for starfox was announced sony had already released a dual analog (actually digital) dual shock controller in japan

So how about you do some research before replying next time

549202[/snapback]

How would the PSP emulate the DS? And if it did it would be total crap.

You know the DS has a touch screen right?

Edited by Desktop-pro

hmm for some reason the touch screen had 100% slipped my mind maybe because in pretty much any game play that isnt like 95% based off it it sucks butt but whatever I did forget

But really its hard to say anythings impossible these days but even if a DS emulator somehow came out I wouldnt use it oldschool nintendo games kills the new tenfold

But all other things in my previous posts are accurate and valid

how that stupid screen slipped my mind ill never know

BUT also if nintendo where these inovators that maximumsteve claimed them to be (im not saying they arent but all points he tried to prove were null and void) why should that dictate any "gamers" decisions

Why should gamers automatically go for the 'kings of innovations" if they arent producing the same quality they did back in the time of their reign as supreme

I hold nintendo high in my regards when it comes to oldschool gaming but in my opinion everything after snes was a flop and from the glimpses that ive seen of the revolution it looks like this trend may continue but I would actually love to be proved wrong

hmm for some reason the touch screen had 100% slipped my mind maybe because in pretty much any game play that isnt like 95% based off it it sucks butt but whatever I did forget

But really its hard to say anythings impossible these days but even if a DS emulator somehow came out I wouldnt use it oldschool nintendo games kills the new tenfold

But all other things in my previous posts are accurate and valid

how that stupid screen slipped my mind ill never know

BUT also if nintendo where these inovators that maximumsteve claimed them to be (im not saying they arent but all points he tried to prove were null and void) why should that dictate any "gamers" decisions

Why should gamers automatically go for the 'kings of innovations" if they arent producing the same quality they did back in the time of their reign as supreme

I hold nintendo high in my regards when it comes to oldschool gaming but in my opinion everything after snes was a flop and from the glimpses that ive seen of the revolution it looks like this trend may continue but I would actually love to be proved wrong

549275[/snapback]

I agree Nintendo has gone down hill since the SNES but the coming REV looks very promising IMO.