2005 Ford F-150 Fx4 Super Crew

d3bruts1d

Anyone have any experiance with the 2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Super Crew? I've been looking at getting an F-150 for the past several years, and I'm really considering getting one very soon (i.e. next week or two).

My father in law has a pretty plain, 2003 (I think) Ford F-150 Super Cab. I really enjoy how it handles. On the other hand, my father has a newer F-150 Extended Cab as his company work truck and he said that he liked his Dodge Ram EC better in terms of handling.

To me the Ram just seams so much bigger.

Anyone have any thoughts. I'll be test driving both but wanted to get some feedback from all you truck owners. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd definitely get the Ford over the Dodge...Ford has won more truck awards then anyone... my dad has an 04 f250 diesel...man that things a beast...crew cab 6ft bed...handles really well considering the size of the beast..not to mention it'll run over most anything in its way...

Get the Ford. As many problems as they're having with their rushed newer models, they are still putting a lot of pride into their trucks since the F-line could basically keep the company afloat with it's sells alone.

can't even look at the 2003 vs the 2004 or later :( the newer one is quieter, a little more powerful, but it doesn't ride very well on rough roads :( it's actually too soft of a ride and bounces way too much.

as far as the ram being bigger... it's got a higher hood, which takes a little getting used to.

my suggestion is give em both a ride. I'm pretty sure you'll find the dodge drives a lot nicer than the ford

god that hurt to say

I think Ford has kind of lost sight of what a truck is supposed to be and has started making them 'family trucks'. Course, if that's what you're after, it might be good for you. If you want an actual 'truck', Dodge or *gasp* Chevy might be a better choice for you.

my dad has a ram 3500 24 valve diesel, gawd that thing FLOATS!!!! smooth as hell and very easy to drive, and it has a "real" diesel engine , not that fake . ford and chevy have. A "real" diesel is a 6 cylinder engine, not a gas 8 converted to diesel, all the big rigs are 6 cylinder engines, but the cylinders are huge!!!! psh to ford and chevy

and its also awesome to pull up behind a ricer and fill their rear view with a BIG dodge grill :) its also awesome to lite the duals up.heh

Well i no nohting about trucks but it says on the ford site that the truck that D3 is looking at has off-road tuned shocks... does that mean anything??

532261[/snapback]

it's an option. they're simply replacing shocks meant for a 1/2 ton pickup platform with 3/4 ton pickup shocks... doesn't do much to stiffen the ride. the problem is the lack of a solid axle of any kind :(