2005 Ford F-150 Fx4 Super Crew

d3bruts1d

i hate new chevy trucks...they are all plastic lookin'

532257[/snapback]

Oh yes of course, because how they look certainly defines their capability. :rolleyes:

my dad has a ram 3500 24 valve diesel, gawd that thing FLOATS!!!! smooth as hell and very easy to drive, and it has a "real" diesel engine , not that fake . ford and chevy have. A "real" diesel is a 6 cylinder engine, not a gas 8 converted to diesel, all the big rigs are 6 cylinder engines, but the cylinders are huge!!!! psh to ford and chevy

532258[/snapback]

:withstupid: That 5.9L Cummins with the six speed behind it is an absolute wet dream. Has one of the smoothest manuals I've ever driven.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate new chevy trucks...they are all plastic lookin'

532257[/snapback]

ah yes. the duramax... who ever came up with idiotic idea over using good ol' detroit diesels should be shot... izuzu aluminium diesel in an american pickup... heavy duty my left nut.

the cummins is okay, but I'm still a fan of the power stroke (now made by CAT). in the 3/4 ton or larger group... I'm still going to say ford hands down... though the ram 2500 power wagon is temping.

I will never.... let me state that again.... NEVER.... own a Chevy or any other GM made vehicle.

As my uncle once said, "I'd rather push a ford, than drive a Chevy." :D

The SRT-10 is a bit out of my league.... a bit to much truck for me.... and the 51K base doesn't help any.

I will never.... let me state that again.... NEVER.... own a Chevy or any other GM made vehicle.

532275[/snapback]

I understand completely :D You see my icon? (It's a pan of th Texas Flag not the US flag for those of you wondering), that means I drive a dang Ford. Go down to south Texas, or out in the hill country of the western half of the state. The Ford :: Chevy ratio out there is about 10:1. As they say, "Ford is the best in Texas" The reason Ford sells a hell of a lot more vehicles than Chevy down in Texas is simple, PRICE. For some reason Chevy LOVES their trucks. When my dad bought his last truck, he went around shopping for the best deal. All of the Ford dealerships in and around San Antonio would give him the limited edition Platinum F-250 for around $60 over cost... yes the dealership making $60 on a brand new, fresh off the line F-250...bargain for us, sucks for them..but they were willing to do it. So my dad looks at this platinum edition F-250, then goes to 4 GM dealerships looking at a 2500. They wouldn't go below $42,000 on a moderately equipped one...much less one that was loaded like my dad wanted. So my dad goes back and for $34,000 buys a brand new F-250 platinum edition with the 6.8L V10, offroad package yada yada, 6 disc CD changer, and a bunch of other bells and whistles that I didn't much care about. But the bottom line is my dad wound up with a hell of a lot more truck for his dollar, and that's what he was out to get. And for those of you wondering, he didn't want a Diesel because A. he didnt need it for anything that a Diesel was good for, and B. the Diesels at the time were in a transition period and not all of the kinks had been worked out of them.

I actually remember part of the convo my dad had with the Chevy salesman. He went something like this.

Dad: "So, the Ford dealership down the street will give me the Platinum Edition F-250 for $34,000. Here's the specs, can you match that?"

Salesman: "Wow, well the reason they are wanting to sell you that truck so cheap is because it is a low quality vehicle"

Dad: "Well, Ford seems to get higher ratings these days than GM does, needless to say higher than Dodge also. The reason Ford is selling this so cheap is because they CAN. They have 2 dozen trucks a day driving off their lot so they can afford to give it to me this cheap. So can you match this or not?"

Salesman: "Well...I can't go any lower on the price than this (moderately equipped 2500 for almost $45,000). "

Dad: "So you can't go any lower?"

Salesman: "No sir, sorry."

Dad: "Why are Chevy trucks marked up so much around here?"

Salesman: "Because, sir, they are Chevy's."

Dad: "Exactly...well thanks for your time, have a nice day"

End convo. Talk about too big for your breeches! So, since your truck has the Chevrolet emblem on the grille...it's worth that much money? No wonder they never sold any trucks down there.

might also want to look at the durango D3. the wife would let you drive that. it's got probably the best ride I've ever felt for a full sized truck (it's a ram 1500 underneath). I think I saw em for as low as $19,000 for a basic one and $27,000 for a full loaded (weird cuz you can't even get a base model expiditon or tahoe for $30,000).

plus you can use the "future kids" excuse with it :)

LoArmistead, as far as chevy that's pretty much how it went down when I bought the escelade. idiot salesmen didn't know crap about the truck, just that it was a caddy.

it's not so much the size of the truck that impressed the heck out of me. it was the ride. I'm serious. go try one out. you'll be amazed (the ram 1500 is nice, but this is better). it's got no springs, leaf or coil, and it litterally is like riding in a giant mercedez luxury sedan... smooth, quiet, powerful, and it handles like a car too. not an offroading truck... but it handled michigan's winters wonderful (had it in 4x4 3 or 4 times the rest was AWD).

infact I have an email that's saying you can pickup an SLT with the 5.7L, 4x4, AC, 5 disc CD, power everything, 7 seat, tow package, leather interior, DVD entertainment package, XM radio, DVD navigation system... $129 a month with $2000 down... with $2500 cash back!

might be getting a second one instead of the new jeep (same truck but boxier) when we get back.

what I'm looking out for you and your soon to be status of mother :)

532458[/snapback]

Riiiiiight :suspicious look:

And "soon to be mother"? You know something I dont ? :P

Edited by CelticaFLM