Got Me Some New Wheels!

Some_Guy_

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly MY definition of style OR comfort but if you like it, I'm happy for ya.. feels good getting a new toy doesn't it! :)

and because both kia and acura make suv's doesn't mean theyre the same at all? why would anyone think that?

Not exactly MY definition of style OR comfort but if you like it, I'm happy for ya.. feels good getting a new toy doesn't it! :)

and because both kia and acura make suv's doesn't mean theyre the same at all? why would anyone think that?

531879[/snapback]

because they're both owned by the same company, the vehicles are made in the same plant, by the same workers and designed by same engineers and share a vast majority of their parts. that makes em pretty close in my book.

I see people bashing the Hyundai part... and praising Acrua... that's like saying my old expidition was any worse than my wife's old navigator... they were the same truck with minor changes (mostly cosmetic)... though the Nav was AWD and the expidition was a 4x4 (computer controlled vs mechanical).

also I'm tired of people saying how great luxury car brands are. FACT the top 3 car companies with the most problems right off the line: BMW, VW, and Honda. Seems odd doesn't it? the great BMW TOPS THE LIST!!!!! right now GM doing very well, and chrysler is right behind them... and we're not talking about the DCX vehicles made in the german plants either. but people overlook these things and assume that the american car companies can't build a car. I can say from experience how well they're doing right now. my dodge is 10 months old. it has 22,000+ miles on it already. it's on it's 2nd set of tires and break pads. it's had the oil changed. that's IT! and to boot it's a vehcile that was only on the market for 6 months when I bought it. figured it would have some bugs for them to work out... NOPE.

because they're both owned by the same company, the vehicles are made in the same plant, by the same workers and designed by same engineers and share a vast majority of their parts.  that makes em pretty close in my book.

531954[/snapback]

Kia and Acura are the same company? Can you point to a source? I've heard that Kia and Hyundai (which is Korean based) are the same, and I know that Acura is the luxury wing of Honda (Japanese). I haven't ever heard a connection between Hyundai/Kia and Honda/Acura though.

I can see the MDX, Sportage and Santa Fe being based on the same platform, but I would consider them different cars. given the different engines, dimensions (inside and out), options, etc.

and to boot it's a vehcile that was only on the market for 6 months when I bought it.  figured it would have some bugs for them to work out... NOPE.

531954[/snapback]

my mom made the mistake of buying a new car on the market, the lexus rx300. months after the purchase, engine had to be rebuilt because of oil sludge problems.

I don't believe the MDX, Sportage, and the Santa Fe being build together, maybe the Hyundai/KIA, but not the Acura. Hyundai and KIA are Korean, Acura is owned by Honda and has no relation to the Korean's.

Just because some vehicles are similar, doesn't mean they're built together, in the same factory. Going by your guidelines, bigred, all American cars and trucks could be build in three or four factories, they're all similar enough.

When I say comfort, I mean something I don't have to sit in a fetal position to be able to fit in. I'm 6'0 and 270 lbs, so I'm not exactly a small guy. I fit nicely in the Santa Fe in any seat. That's good enough for comfort. I mean, there are cars with cushier seats or miles of legroom, but this works for me.

Hyundai and Kia are business partners. It wouldn't surprise me if Acura contracts out at least some work. Just think: Japan can probably get cheap labour from Korea.

I'm fairly confident, no I'm certain, you have no link between Kia and Acura. If you do, I'll slap myself.

I hate to say it, but just like the computer world, the paintball world.. any other worlds I'm familiar with, a LOT of automobile problems are caused by the owner..

actually mixed it up :( read the article on the kia sportage a long time ago in car and driver. went back and checked it. the MDX is not related in any way but a common engine. which is apparently designed by mitsubishi.

Kia however is as much a part of Hyundai as Lincoln is of Ford.

now comes my rant about people crying about american cars... I'd say there's more look to them than things by toyota or honda or nissan combined. granted some are REALLY ugly like the PT cruiser, HHR, SSR, Solstice, Aztec, or even the new Corvette... but there are LOTS of new looks out there from the American companies.

• 2 weeks later...
because they're both owned by the same company, the vehicles are made in the same plant, by the same workers and designed by same engineers and share a vast majority of their parts.  that makes em pretty close in my book.

I see people bashing the Hyundai part... and praising Acrua...  that's like saying my old expidition was any worse than my wife's old navigator...  they were the same truck with minor changes (mostly cosmetic)... though the Nav was AWD and the expidition was a 4x4 (computer controlled vs mechanical).

also I'm tired of people saying how great luxury car brands are.  FACT the top 3 car companies with the most problems right off the line:  BMW, VW, and Honda.  Seems odd doesn't it?  the great BMW TOPS THE LIST!!!!!  right now GM doing very well, and chrysler is right behind them...  and we're not talking about the DCX vehicles made in the german plants either.  but people overlook these things and assume that the american car companies can't build a car.  I can say from experience how well they're doing right now.  my dodge is 10 months old.  it has 22,000+ miles on it already.  it's on it's 2nd set of tires and break pads.  it's had the oil changed.  that's IT!  and to boot it's a vehcile that was only on the market for 6 months when I bought it.  figured it would have some bugs for them to work out... NOPE.

531954[/snapback]

Actually bigred if u check, bmw is #4 right now in intial quality, With obviously lexus #1, your prolly looking at electrical problems, In which the bmw 5 series does suffer, but bmw and honda are both in the top 5

your right on VW however, they are VERY VERY low in the dependibility listing