Mustang Owners

Bosco

I heard Lincoln was going to start putting a 3.5 v6 and a 4.4 v8 (based more off yamaha than the previous jaguar) in their new line of crappy vehicles....I guess they're trying to be more economical and better on gas..but grrrrrr.... I'm starting to like the 6.1 hemi more and more :angry2:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smaller high hp motor do not cut it in a 5,000 lb vehicle. You need torque to get them moving and horsepower to keep them going. Just an example here ....My 2002 Ram 4x4 had a 4.7 sohc engine 245 hp 295 ftlbs of torque. Towing a small boat i average 13.5mpg. Same truck but 2004 with the 5.7 HEMI 345 hp 375 ftlbs of torque i get over 16 mpg. The multidisplacement system that dodge uses on the 2006 hemi boosts fuel economy to over 20mpg average on the highway. At cruise speeds it deactivates 4 cylinders to save fuel.

Im not exactly a big fan of mustangs.....but I do have a question...What is the difference between a Mach1 mustang and a Cobra.....or is their really that big of a difference

Just to Defend my Euro/BMW/Mercedes likingness, a SVT cobra 5.7 v8 right...or it's a v8 im not sure the liter , and a bmw m3 3.2 liter inline 6 have the same run times

Im more of a fan of american cars than ricers tho, So it's Euro-American-Ricers-Etc

btw what liter and HP does a SVT cobra have?

kinda curious, i like the Cobras alot

an SVT Cobra has a supercharged 4.6L. The Cobra-R has a supercharged 5.4L. Both will flat out haul butt, but the R will haul much more than the regular cobra lol. Both are 32-valve V8's. I believe the regular cobra pushes around 400 HP, and a cobra R pushes around 500. Though there are some foreign cars that have more horsepower to them, the mustangs have the American Advantage...TORQUE.

And I believe there is nothing special about the Mach 1 mustang other than the fact that it says "Mach 1" and might have an extra stripe of paint on it. I don't even think the 4.6L block in the mach 1 is super charged like it is in the cobra...

• 4 weeks later...

try a police intrpetor crown vic

will haul butt vs a 5.0 mustang

they have the cobra r motors and trans,

talk bout hauling butt and fuel economey, especially the 95s

try 1.7k doing 90

needless to say its smoked civics, beamers, and a acura rsx, celicia

so it hauls major butt

sleeper if it was moded lol

try a police intrpetor crown vic

will haul butt vs a 5.0 mustang

they have the cobra r motors and trans,

talk bout hauling butt and fuel economey, especially the 95s

try 1.7k doing 90

needless to say its smoked civics, beamers, and a acura rsx, celicia

so it hauls major butt

sleeper if it was moded lol

573492[/snapback]

A Cobra Motor and Tranny :blink: Am I missing something here????

A stock CV against a Stock stang would be close but how many stangs do you that are stock on the street most of them would kill a CV in a race, in a pursuit thats a little different I am sorry my friend but a CV against a powered up stang is not fair.

Now against imports and such well I guess it would depend on what they have under the hood and how they drive. As for the CV alot will come down to the package they get in the rearend that will determine how well it will keep up with other vehicles <_>

Crown Vics definitely have some get-up-and-go to them with those P71 packages. They have better suspension so they can handle high speed maneuvering better. I have been in some high speed chases in a Crown Vic at speeds in excess of 100MPH. After those chases, I had a lot of respect for them. Most of the chases are through rural areas, but some are also in suburbia with lots of small streets and sharp turns. The Crown Vic handled excellently on all terrain.

I am glad that the local cops around here are still buying Crown Vics for their new cars instead of those tiny-butt Impalas.