Mustang Owners

Bosco

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats ok i get 43.2 in my Mustang its a 4 banger but hey it gets the job done and back to the original topic i would also go with the ford 303 cam :) you should like the results

isn't that with the variable displacement system running? shuts off 4 cyl when not needed... my durango doesn't have that, and my wife's commander does, 18mpg vs 23mpg. same basic truck except for that ONE little change.

All mustangs are pustangs.

Yeah, now let's line up your car with an SVT cobra and see what happens... then we will try a Saleen or a Shelbyfied mustang; Get on the line with a GT500 and see what happens. :lol: You'll be yelling "You still drive a Pustang!" as it leaves you in the dust.

is that for me or for the guy with the 5.7?

556806[/snapback]

5.7L V8's from chrysler. they're nice blocks.

BTW the SVT would have been nicer if they'd gone with a larger 330cui V8 over the 302cui or smaller ones :( the lightening was that fast because of that motor.

Dang boys, is that city driving I hope? I just got 30.1 mpg the other day cruising on the interstate at 75mph and that's with a 5.7L LS1! Gotta love turning 1700rpm in 6th gear.  :lol:

555739[/snapback]

lol im starting to wish i got the 04 pontiac GTO rather than the 05... (04 has the ls1 5.7, the 05 has the 6.0 LS2 but gets less gas mileage.) i was driving on the interstate at 80mph in 6th gear getting 24.6mpg :( (rated for 25mpg on the highway)

Edited by sYstEmATiC

5.7L V8's from chrysler.  they're nice blocks.

BTW the SVT would have been nicer if they'd gone with a larger 330cui V8 over the 302cui or smaller ones :(  the lightening was that fast because of that motor.

557069[/snapback]

YEs the HEMI is nice i can't agree more but the older Lightning used a supercharged 351 Windsor to make it power. Now i guess they are using the 5.4 supercharged to do the same.

YEs the HEMI is nice i can't agree more but the older  Lightning used a supercharged 351 Windsor to make it power. Now i guess they are using the 5.4 supercharged to do the same.

557112[/snapback]

Roger that, the newer lightnings use the 5.4 supercharged (I still wish Ford would get a bigger block for their standard trucks). A guy down the road from me has one.

my dream car is a mustang that i want to MODD the hell out of.. i want a supercharger, and eahh.. i cant wait until i get a job to get my car.. one that works better :D

ford needs to get RID of the triton line of V8's ... the old iron block monsters ruled thier day :( the 302, 351, 400, 429, 460 and the BEAST the 473 could had no real rivals.

sure a stock 351 has less HP than a stock 330... and the same is true on the SVT modded ones... but 75% more torque makes up for 10% more horse power.