Problems With My Card

lost

is my card about to die? i dont know whats wrong with it :(

it randomly changes the screen into that icky thing.

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

wow.... is that when you are in a fullscreen game when u see that or on the deskop?

529952[/snapback]

well i happens now and then when i open up a game in full screen, but a few times, it happened just as i logged into windows xp.

i think your card is dying, temps or bad bios flash. what card is it?

529953[/snapback]

ati radeon 9700 pro all in wonder. hmmm i dont know if its bad bios cuz i never changed that. and temps? well it wasnt THAT hot, plus i decided to turn on the AC and it still went like that.

Is it OCd? How about temprature? I had this happen with an old fanless GF2 mx400

529954[/snapback]

not really. i didnt get a chance to OC since i reformatted a little while ago.

My 9800PRO did that. It started when I was playing Lego Star Wars and never decided to stop. Looks like it's pooped.

The beautiful part about hardware failure is that you have to upgrade now. :D

My 9800PRO did that. It started when I was playing Lego Star Wars and never decided to stop. Looks like it's pooped.

The beautiful part about hardware failure is that you have to upgrade now.  :D

530040[/snapback]

hmmmm well i dont really have much money to spend. wondering if i should use my old 9600 until that dies or go and get me this http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2700726

have you looked into nvidia card they are really good and cheap now. i got an 6600gt for like 149.99

530287[/snapback]

i was thinking about going for a nvid 6600gt or a rad 700. not really sure. i'm somewhat low on cash right now since i just had to pay for the coming semister :( dang college! which brand did u get?

if this occured when logging into windows xp, or any windows, or maybe a game, find some way to lower the refresh rate, this happened to a kid that lives near me, it was an easy fix when one of his friends brought over a monitor that supported a high refresh rat, to change this do the following

right click on the desktop>>Properties>>Settings Tab>> then click Advanced>>Then Monitor Tab>> and Select a low settign for now like 60Hz

Good Luck hope this helps.

-Justin

Edited by webx